Wing mirror bracket

does anyone have any idea how to get that spring back on with c clip? must be a simple method I'm missing, help appreciated

I did this repair a few weeks back, to compress the spring use several cable ties to compress the spring, refit using the square circlip and then cut and remove the cable ties with snips and pliers.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm trying to do this after having my wing mirror knocked off today. I've taken the mirror apart and feeding it all through the metal tube but the only piece I can't feed through is the picturelottle sealed box that is attached to the big plastic sheet. ). Not sure what it is or what to do with it. Any advice????

Tried to upload a photo but it kept failing!!

Not quite sure what you mean but if it's this part IMG_20190921_094238.jpgthen you either need to snip the wires (and then reconnect for assembly) or use a tool to remove the connectors from the block (and then reconnect for assembly).

Thanks for your reply JetSetWilly. Unfortunately no that isnt the part. It is more of a sealed black box. I think i have figured out how to upload a picture now so it should be below. Thanks

mirror 2.jpg

Sorry for jumping onto this thread - I've traced the cable back from the mirror and can see it goes through the rubber passageway from the door to the main body of the car under the dash - but how far in there is it? Once I've found the block I can then remove the mirror. Feeling a bit thick with this diy repair.

G

Sorry for jumping onto this thread - I've traced the cable back from the mirror and can see it goes through the rubber passageway from the door to the main body of the car under the dash - but how far in there is it? Once I've found the block I can then remove the mirror. Feeling a bit thick with this diy repair.

G
The mirror conects to the door loom inside the door.

Then the door loom conects to the van via the rubber bellows into the A-piller by the hinge... it runs inside the van for about 30cm then into a door conector inside a zipped bag. (So the whole door can be removed)

The mirror conects to the door loom inside the door.

Then the door loom conects to the van via the rubber bellows into the A-piller by the hinge... it runs inside the van for about 30cm then into a door conector inside a zipped bag. (So the whole door can be removed)

Thanks @Dellmassive - does this mean I have to take out the whole door card on the drivers side? Can the mirror wiring be removed from the mirror instead of having to disconnect the bigger wiring block? That would seem the better option.

I've no idea what I am doing here - which should be clear. :)

Gareth

Hi all - after a bit of guidance from somebody who knows how the mirror fits together...

Drivers side (manual folding) mirror has a slight shake noticeable mainly when a car behind has lights on. Near side sits smooth, off side seems to lack damping and moves a lot more which is annoying distraction more than major issue. I suspect it's had prior damage and perhaps been bodged back together... also seems to fill with water more than the other side (you notice this when manually folding it after heavy rain).

Before I start taking it all apart - any pointers?

For anyone reading this in future wondering how to get the Beige/Pink connector through, what some posters have said is true you do not need to remove the pins.
Once you've got to the point where everything is disassembled pull all leads through the base towards the mirror - except for the pink/beige connector lead
The pink/beige connector lead has two connections on the wing mirror side, one that connects to the mirror for heating and another white connector that connects to the rear of the wing mirror presumably to power the adjustment motor, pop these two connectors off (heater wires should already be off for you to have gotten to this stage anyway). Once this is done you just pull this wire out in the opposite direction to the other wires, through the mirror towards the base.

This is for non auto-fold mirrors if that makes a difference

Thanks for your reply JetSetWilly. Unfortunately no that isnt the part. It is more of a sealed black box. I think i have figured out how to upload a picture now so it should be below. Thanks

View attachment 54502

View attachment 54502
Hi , I’ve just got to this box on my broken wing mirror and wondering how you got round it, any help would be great , cheers john

Back