1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windscreen washer low-level indication

Discussion in 'Electrics, Lighting, ICE' started by lough90, 13 Dec 2016.

1. lough90

lough90 Member VIP Member

Map
    Does anyone know what’s involved to install a screen wash low level switch. Could not believe that VW would produce a vehicle in this day and age that does not have this as standard …. :mad::mad::mad:

Or does my van have a fault …… o_O

2. Nickdaw

Nickdaw Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    its an extra like all the other bells and whistles!
    I would of added it if i knew.

3. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi Highline Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I have it on mine i think its standard on the LED headlight pack now but when i order mine it was a paid extra as @Nickdaw says.
    Its a light in the instruments maybe if the lights there it can be linked somehow?

4. Nickdaw

Map
    You are right ,mine has the dash light so i enabled it with vcds, but it came up with an error saying no washer level indicator so it must need a sensor in the washer bottle.

5. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

IRC the level sensor was part of the headlamp wash option.

6. carlg

carlg 204 DSG Highline Kombi MY17 VIP Member T6 Guru

There was a option just for heated washer jets and fluid level indicator ,this was only about £45
    I added this before I added led lights as it really annoyed me on my last van ,running out out fluid ,

7. Caravellet6

Caravellet6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    That sounds right, heated jets and fluid indicator came standard in the Exec and I don't have headlamp washer jets although it's got LED headlights

8. carlg

carlg 204 DSG Highline Kombi MY17 VIP Member T6 Guru

Headlamp washers are free of charge if dealer ticked the box ,if they didn't no washers

9. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    They weren't free before, used to be an option.

10. lough90

Map
    Does anyone know if its possible to retro fit this and if so whats involved?

11. TEESIXY

TEESIXY Member T6 Pro

Map
    The headlamp washer jets were a bone of contention for me. Vans ordered before the july 2015 price increase had to pay for them on top of the LED headlamp option, but afterwards they were included at no cost. It appears that some got them for free, or got refunded, but my dealer was adamant, and not having the option wasnt an option either!. The reason given at the time was that they are a legal requirement with LEDs' in the uk, which might be correct for xenons but i dont think it applies to LEDs;

12. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I ticked the box and have screen wash level indicator, led headlamps and headlamp washers.

13. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    @lough90 if you want to give this a go i am happy to source the parts and give you the connection info but it will be a case of wiring it in and seeing if it works ??
    The sensor/sender unit earths within the engine bay and has a cable that connects to the dash panel insert control unit (pin 17) so would require access behind the dash display to access the main multi plug connection which i imagine would be a PITA ! The wire will not be in the loom

14. Pauly

Map
    Dash panel insert (LHD)

Capture.PNG

15. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi Highline Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    When i ordered mine they were a paid option , which i ticked but then they were made standard fitment with LED lights so mine were discounted of my final invoice

BiTurbo likes this.
  16. lough90

Map
    Paul , yes I'm willing to give it a go . if you can work out whats needed .

17. Pauly

Map
    Ok will see what i can do just need to find out if the sensor is available separately or if its integral and a replacement washer bottle is needed

BiTurbo likes this.
  18. Pauly

Map
    Made a bit of progress, i have the washer bottle with integral level sensor but still need to get the plug to connect the wires which i should have tomorrow, i have also ordered a pair of new seals for it just in case they are required as they were only a £3 quid
    Will have it all tomorrow hopefully (just in time for all the royal mail strikes lol)

IMG_3768.JPG IMG_3770.JPG

19. Nickdaw

Map
    not royal mail strikes it is the post office counters that are on strike, nowt to do with deliveries.

Pauly likes this.
  20. Nickdaw

Map
    @Pauly how is the front parking sensors coming along?