Windscreen replacement backorder

soxley

VIP Member
Hi folks, I'm looking for some help/ideas for a windscreen replacement.

I have a T6.1 with a massive windscreen crack (almost fully bottom-top). I logged a call with Autoglass a week ago - but they have to special order a replacement due to it being heated/rain-sensors/etc. I chased today and it’s currently on backorder with no ETA - so it could be weeks, months, who-knows-how-long before a screen arrives. I called a VW dealer and they’ve said the same thing - backorder, no ETA.

Any suggestions on any other windscreen companies I can call around in the slim-hope somebody has a screen in stock? I daren’t drive the van right now, and it’s probably illegal anyway given the crack is bang in the middle of the driver's view.

@soxley
Sorry to hear you are having these issues.
I waited 8 weeks a month ago for Autoglass to get a similar OE screen for my 6.1 highline when VW parts could get me one direct in 3 days.

IMHO Autoglass purchasing team are useless & uncontactable as you have to go through their CS operative who can’t do anything other than apologise all the time.

Autoglass couldn’t calibrate the safety sensors on my screen & VW service can’t either. My suspicion is their fitters damaged either the camera or some CAN wiring to it as it worked perfectly before they changed my cracked screen.

My suggestion would be to try ringing round local companies & other VW dealerships parts depts to see if they have an OE one.

Back