Window Tint Advice

Keepad

T6 Pro
Hi, so I’ve been unlucky with a company doing a window tint- I’m giving the company a chance to put in right- the main issue is a crease in the tint.
However every one who has seen the van has noticed the tint film has been cut free hand in fact it looks like the a ocean going up and down ,with some of the film just covering the dot matrix by just a 1mm in places then in other parts it’s only a 1 mm from the window frame.
Can anyone tell me where the edge of the tint finish’s in their vans ie above the dot matrix. I will post pics later. Plus going to visit the company today or Friday.

So from the top to bottom pic is an example of the difference in height- would this be an issue if it was your van? It just looks wrong to me.

Just been and checked my rear window for you and the tint goes all the way to the edge, over the dots. I remember him putting the film on the outside of the window and cutting it to size first before removing it and then applying it to the inside of the window correctly.
I asked him at one point if he was sticking it on the outside and he laughed at me and explained the process.

Hi
A crease is totally unacceptable and will never go. Was this on the rear door/tailgate?
As fot the uneven edges, well its just shoddy workmanship, generally an overlap of 4 to 8mm over the dot matrix. They generally are all cut freehand off a roll. Still no excuse for that eneven edge.
On some vehicles you can 'loose' the edges of the film behind the window frame/edge, hence an invisible finish.
Hope this helps!

OK. I meant was the crease on the rear windows, only because these windows require the film to be heat shrunk to the curved window shape. Hence more chance of getting a crease, no excuse for it in the side windows.

Back