Window slightly open whilst sleeping? Alarm deactivated but locks active?

New2t6

T6 Pro
hi
Yet to do our first night in the van and just wondering how people are getting fresh air in. Seen wee boot latch extenders....?
Also thought about leaving window slightly open ......?

Also what’s the way to lock doors but disable alarm....I know about the b pillar button but do you need to have door open when pressing it?

Thanks

I have wind deflectors fitted to the front window so having the two front windows open slightly over night is fine as any rain can't get in.
And yes you need the front door open when activating that button.

I do the same as Ed works well.
I also use the button on the drivers door to lock the doors of the van which does not activate the alarm and you can still get out of the side door from the inside with a double pull of the latch

I have wind deflectors fitted to the front window so having the two front windows open slightly over night is fine as any rain can't get in.
And yes you need the front door open when activating that button.

And me too! Both windows down enough to hide the window spec and logo on the rear corner. To the untrained eye is just looks shut that way.

Thanks guys, any wind deflector recommendations?
I’ve seen the heko ones, do the wee metal clips cause any issues?
I’ve also seen sleek ones by dubflecta which I think look a bit better.

Thanks guys, any wind deflector recommendations?
I’ve seen the heko ones, do the wee metal clips cause any issues?
I’ve also seen sleek ones by dubflecta which I think look a bit better.
I have dub flectas. No issues and fit well.

I have wind deflectors (heko) and press the lock button on the remote twice to disarm the sensors then keep the remote close by if you need to get out, ideal when wild camping

Heko deflectors for me, being able to crack the windows at night without rain getting in or being visiblt open is their reason for existing.

sleeping in the van tonight for first time... on the IKEA BED !!

The button on the pillar next to drivers seat, is that immobiliser for alarm? I’ve pressed it but nothing happens??

It turns off the sensor for the alarm when the vans locked. If nothing happens it must be working:thumbsup:

It turns off the sensor for the alarm when the vans locked. If nothing happens it must be working:thumbsup:

There’s no sign that when I press the button it’s activated? Do I need to hold it down

I’ve never used it myself, I noticed it the other day and I didn’t know what it was so I looked in the owners manual.

I’m sure I’ve read that, in order to turn off the interior alarm sensors, you have to open the drivers door, press it, close the door and then press the lock button. Whether it changes colour or not is something I can’t say.

Enjoy!

Just need to click the button down with the drivers door open, shut the door then press your fob.
Or just lock the doors with the button on the drivers door this won’t arm the alarm but the dead bolts won’t be engaged;)

sleeping in the van tonight for first time... on the IKEA BED !!

The button on the pillar next to drivers seat, is that immobiliser for alarm? I’ve pressed it but nothing happens??

Heater running? Its a bit warmer at the moment.. Nice bit of wind!

I've wondered about locking up.. Can't you just press the lock button on the door?

The button disables the interior ultrasonic sensors.

A Second button disables tow away protection.

It's listed in the user guide . =)

Back