Window Blinds

Afternoon - sorry to bump a thread that is quite old, but wondering how many have since purchased the swell shades and if they had any feedback/ pics? Defo interested if you also have one of the evo motion window surrounds. Apparently the blind will fit behind it no probs but be good to confirm that :).

Cheers.

I have fitted them at the beginning of this year and have been away in the van for three months and they have worked really well.

IMG_1396 (1).jpg IMG_1402 (3).jpg IMG_1405 (2).jpg

Garry, i can't help but admire your camper build.

I'll have to hit you up about that induction cooker when i get back, ill be interested to know the start up current draw on that one you have recessed.

I’ve read this with interest.
I’m in the market for some blinds myself. I’ve phoned Dave at swell shades but was surprised to find that his are quite a bit more expensive than van shades and obviously don’t come with the window pod. Has anyone compared the two products?
Also if I made my own surround I was thinking I might be able to buy blinds cheaper from elsewhere to fix to them. Has anyone gone down this road?
I see that @Rob was looking at some different solutions.

Are they really alot more expensive? Think I was quoted £450 for 2 sides and a tailgate by swell shades and seam to recall vanshades wasn't that much less.

I’m after 2 x nearside, 1x offside and 1x tailgate.
Swellshades = £570
Vanshades = £465
I would add that the vanshades price is without carpet trim on the surround, but I’m happy to do that myself. Having just revisited the site the vanshades ones are slightly more if you want them thermal as well as blackout. I’m not sure if the thermal would be noticeable or whether that was included in the Swell shades price.
I expected Swell shades to be cheaper because they don’t have the surround with them.

Back