Wind deflectors... which ones?

It will just be one of the clips not sat right, i had it with mine.
Just fit 2 clips at first one at the door mirror end and one at the top corner and then try it... then try fitting one half way across the window and try it... then slip the last one in a bit further along.

Just keep trying the operation of closing the window as you put each clip in, it only takes one of the not to be sat in the channel right and it'll drive tge sensors on the window motor crazy!! :eek:

I've just ordered a set of the Dubflector Retro ones. Just a thought though, if I install them, will I invalidate the VW warranty with regards the window seals, electrics, water ingress into the doors, etc.? (This will be my first VW so I've no idea what VW are like with such things.)

Why would you not buy the vw external ones? just asking...

Why would you not buy the vw external ones? just asking...
I saw the negative comments above about the VW ones looking "pants" against positive comments about Dubflector. I had already placed the order before I thought about any potential warranty issues.

Well I have had no issues with drivers side deflector but tonight I thought I would just try the passenger side and the window went up so far, dropped and then wouldn't do anything, like motor had gone! Que mass panic and after (I presume!), letting the motor cool down, it went down and then went up so far and stopped again. Again it wouldn't do anything and just sat fully down. I thought the window was broken, but again after about ten mins and trying to bend the Perspex out a little and snapping a piece off, the window went up and closed (again freezing) with about a mm to go. Now won't do anything so I have left it overnight, but really worried now. Tried what @Pauly said (holding buttons down for 10 seconds after closing and opening) and worked for drivers side but passenger side is stuffed I think! What do I do? I had Midland VW fit them yesterday so know they are fitted right but just worried I am ruining the electric window. Help?

Mine does similar after i have disconnected battery.
When resetting the window has to travel all the way in one go with the button held in the whole time, mine has a habit of going down ok but stopping when coming up normally an inch or two after lift off meaning the whole process has to be started over and its always the passenger side one, i have been severely frustrated with it in the past but just keep going until its works but that can be several attempts, i have never had the window completely stop functioning though that sounds a bit strange but my guess would be the safety feature kicking in to stop accidental crushing, after it kicks in window will prob need to go down before it can go up again.

Mine does similar after i have disconnected battery.
When resetting the window has to travel all the way in one go with the button held in the whole time, mine has a habit of going down ok but stopping when coming up normally an inch or two after lift off meaning the whole process has to be started over and its always the passenger side one, i have been severely frustrated with it in the past but just keep going until its works but that can be several attempts, i have never had the window completely stop functioning though that sounds a bit strange but my guess would be the safety feature kicking in to stop accidental crushing, after it kicks in window will prob need to go down before it can go up again.
Thing is @Pauly when it stops completely it won't go up or down at all, like it's dead and no power ! I might just take them off no matter how cool they look! I am so annoyed and frustrated about something that's so small but could potentially be a nightmare!

Thing is @Pauly when it stops completely it won't go up or down at all, like it's dead and no power ! I might just take them off no matter how cool they look! I am so annoyed and frustrated about something that's so small but could potentially be a nightmare!
I'm sorry to hear about your probs, do you think they are thicker than other types, have you got a micrometer (or borrow one) to measure their thickness? I think maybe if you could get the window up, and leave them there for a few hours or longer, then the window seal might relax. If you get a hair dryer, and carefully warmed the window seals so that they relaxed; then raised the window up, and leave it for a day or so; it might just relax and stay relaxed. Not sure but maybe worth a try!!!!!! is there any silicon gel/grease on the seal/top of window???:confused::mad::confused:

I'm sorry to hear about your probs, do you think they are thicker than other types, have you got a micrometer (or borrow one) to measure their thickness? I think maybe if you could get the window up, and leave them there for a few hours or longer, then the window seal might relax. If you get a hair dryer, and carefully warmed the window seals so that they relaxed; then raised the window up, and leave it for a day or so; it might just relax and stay relaxed. Not sure but maybe worth a try!!!!!! is there any silicon gel/grease on the seal/top of window???:confused::mad::confused:
Thanks for the reply and ideas. I will try!

Had this trouble on my caddy, sensors in window don't like them in the channel, so I ditched in the end. A few times I came back to my van and found a window down . Stick with the stick on's . :thumbsup:

I've just dry/try fitted my climair (they have only just turned up ) climbair uk were out of stock of the dark/sport type. It took about 10 seconds to fit them, and window went up and down fine. This is without the rubber seal relaxing or any silicon. When I fit them properly there is a very small screw to secure them, but I can't see that effecting their operation. The climair are very thin on their leading edge that sits in the channel; so all seems good so far, will try and fit them on Sunday and see what happens? The good news for me is that I can fit the climairs without removing the VW ones. So I will only remove them, after a couple of days when I am sure that the climairs are all working OK. The Climairs do seem like a quality product at this stage. It does clearly say that after fitting, ease the window up, and leave it up for 12hours for the rubber seal to relax before lowering again:)

Last edited:
I've just dry/try fitted my climair (they have only just turned up ) climber uk were out of stock of the dark/sport type. It took about 10 seconds, and window went up and down fine. This is without the rubber seal relaxing or any silicon. When I fit them properly there is a very small screw to secure them, but I can't see that effecting their operation. The climair are very thin on their leading edge that sits in the channel; so all seems good so far, will try and fit them on Sunday and see what happens? The good news for me is that I can fit the climairs without removing the VW ones. So I will only remove them, after a couple of days when I am sure that the climairs are all working OK. The Climairs do seem like a quality product at this stage. It does clearly say that after fitting, ease the window up, and leave it up for 12hours for the rubber seal to relax before lowering again:)
I think the trick is definitely leaving them. I went out to mine tonight and as I have been working from home today I hadn't moved the van. Tried the passenger window and no worries! Went up and down like fine! We shall see though.

So reading these posts you guys are positive re Heko wind deflectors. =look good simple fit and no issues

Andy

Heko for me too.. takes 5 mins to fit, worked a treat and look great.

Got the Climair ones from vanstyle on mine. Well chuffed with them, easy to fit, had no problems of them fouling or scratching the glass and they have two options smoked or black (I have the smoked ones).

Back