Wind deflectors... which ones?

Buggirl

DJ VdubRadio
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Seen loads of these wind deflectors, brought some for our Touran but haven't fitted them yet. Just wondering which are the best fit and quality for T6. Was thinking of going with Machine 7 ones. Thoughts?

I've got the vw ones that where fitted by vw as part of the deal when I bought the vel.

They work great, no noise etc etc. But they look a bit pants.
When I've looked into this a bit further the Climair deflectors from either vanstyle or climair uk, are the oem parts that vw spec up for europe, it is just VW (UK) that use these face fit parts (a lot cheaper part = greater profit for VW(UK)

I've ordered the clim-air bits, but I am not sure they will fit mine as I have acoustic glass which is thicker, and this style fit in the channel i.e. between the glass and existing seal

CLN0033277D_vw_t5_t6_dark_black_climair_genuine_wind_deflectors_600_j_h.jpg

I've got Dubflector ones that my conversion guy fits to all his conversions...... Knowing Ed, he's probably tried a few makes and has settled in what he thinks is the best

We have Duflecta on or T5 - going to buy the same for our T6 unless any can suggest better or reasons why not?

I have got to get some as i have found when driving in the rain the water runs off the top of the door frame and down on to the window switches. Hopefully this will stop it.I had the Climair on my last van (transit) and they worked very well.

+1 for the Heko,had the poem VW ones on the last van,worked well but just looked a bit pants stuck on.

Do the ones that fit in the window channel scratch the window after a while??

Duflecta doing T5//T6 retro for "old while stock lasts" price of £35 at Busfest so have bought a pair in readiness. Normally £38 with p&p.

And no the ones in our T5 have been fitted for 3.5 years and the glass is fine.

Last edited:
Hi guys
I am wanting to buy some heko deflectors for my t6 , am I right in thinking the t5 ones I see for sale will fit my t6?
Or do I need one's that that will only fit a t6 only.

Cheers john

I purchased them for my t5 (58 plate), and swapped them into my t6.
No problems, straight swap.:thumbsup:

Reactions: Pag
I have been told T5=T6 for wind deflectors. Unless you have the optional acoustic glass, then nobody seem to know if the glass thickness makes any difference!!!!!!!!

Back