Wind deflectors... which ones?

The Heko just rely on two small strips of double sided tape and spring clips…..I wonder if i could rob them and re-use?
You could probably use double sided tape to hold the small bracket in place rather than the fiddly small screw.

Or, once you've dropped and lost the said small fiddly screw, use double sided tape ;)

Hi all has anybody fitted the Vw OEM type wind deflector they just bond onto the outside I believe
Didn’t really want clips inside by the glass and as for drilling a hole not so sure cheers

Yes they are..
Although I installed mine without as I wanted to make sure I liked them first.
I've had them on since Christmas and sill haven't put the screw in. I'm not convinced it needs to be fitted to be honest. They seem fine to me without the screw..
Hi Mic71,

Are the Climair still holding fast without the bracket? I've had my van about a month now, and would like to put some deflectors on. The Climair would be my first choice, as they sound like they're better quality and there's no mention of the crush issues ssome people get with the Heko's...but I really can't bring myself to drill the plastic on the van :cautious:

Hi Mic71,

Are the Climair still holding fast without the bracket? I've had my van about a month now, and would like to put some deflectors on. The Climair would be my first choice, as they sound like they're better quality and there's no mention of the crush issues ssome people get with the Heko's...but I really can't bring myself to drill the plastic on the van :cautious:
They held fine all the time I didn't have a screw in there.. that was from Christmas until about 2 weeks ago when I decided I liked them enough to put the screw in..
I have fixed them now..
My verdict was there is not a hole there unless I decide to not have the deflectors and I decided I liked the van better with them so as long as they are there there is no hole..

I fitted the light smoked Climair's (with the small screw fitted - it's honestly tiny and is going into plastic!) they do the job perfectly - very impressed with the quality and no issues at all with the window function.

Back