Wind Deflectors For Folding Mirrors

Hi, mind are as quiet as a mouse ! to coin the phrase , i'd suggest taking them off and re-fitting them . have you made sure the clips are the correct way round ? …..just a thought :)
I'm quite handy on anything I do and they are indeed fitted correctly. Clips with the barb point towards inside the van. If I take them off and refit the sticky parts won't stuck again.. Was gonna try the Heko ones but as others saying they're pretty much the same.

I replaced my OEM wind deflectors with Heko ones. I get the same wind noise. I’m sure it’s because of the metal clips not allowing the window to move fully up and seal. I’m thinking of trying them without the clips.
If my OEM ones hadn’t broken on removal I would be tempted to go back to them although they don’t look anywhere near as good they were much quieter.
I've seen some Heko ones comes with Plastic clips.. not sure if that makes a difference.. I guess trying them without the clips is an option as long as they don't come out, especially when driving on motorway.

Bit annoying as I have the whole back soundproofed and insulated as well as the front doors to keep the noise down as much as possible and after fitting the wind deflectors defeats the whole purpose. I'll try taking the clips off and see if that sorts the issue.

I've seen some Heko ones comes with Plastic clips.. not sure if that makes a difference.. I guess trying them without the clips is an option as long as they don't come out, especially when driving on motorway.

Bit annoying as I have the whole back soundproofed and insulated as well as the front doors to keep the noise down as much as possible and after fitting the wind deflectors defeats the whole purpose. I'll try taking the clips off and see if that sorts the issue.
Same here.
Let us know what happens when you take the clips out.

Same here.
Let us know what happens when you take the clips out.
Took the clips off yesterday and let the seal/rubber stretch back to its original position. After todays drive I can confirm the noise has disappeared. There is road noise but not like before with the clips in place. Hopefully they won't come off without the clips.

Took the clips off yesterday and let the seal/rubber stretch back to its original position. After todays drive I can confirm the noise has disappeared. There is road noise but not like before with the clips in place. Hopefully they won't come off without the clips.
I personally wouldn't drive with the window down without the clips in ! If the deflector comes out , it could cause serious injury or damage. Try the clips in a different position , nothing to lose there .

Update:
I have fitted Heko style ones (I thought they were branded Heko, but they don't seem to be branded - Ebay purchase, didn't fully read the listing). Great fit, simple to install, no issues with the folding mirrors. Thanks for the replies. Cheers.

What Is the sound like when driving with them on? TIA.

Hi there, sorry for the delay. I fitted them on three vans in total. On two of the vans, these were silent and take 5 mins to fit. For some bizarre reason, the third van had a very small wind noise, can't explain why. Even the one with the noise wasn't a problem with a radio on, even at low volume. But if you wan't silence, I couldn't say for sure. Cheers.

further to the above, it might be the positioning of the clips that makes the difference. I couldn't say if i put them all in identical places, they were not fitted all at the same time.

Back