18” all-terrain tyres

revdecal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
A friend has bought some all terrain tyres for his T5 18 inch wheels.
255 55 18

What do people think? Will they fit? Looks tight to me

Long and short of it (from my mate) is that it appears they will fit albeit tight.

View attachment 141356

View attachment 141357

View attachment 141358

View attachment 141359

I think others have used that tyre size and they fit, (obviously depending if it's lowered and to what extent), but your friend should also consider the effect that a 7.4% increase in tyre circumference will have on the van's gearing and braking capabilities as well as the speedometer being out.

I think others have used that tyre size and they fit, (obviously depending if it's lowered and to what extent), but your friend should also consider the effect that a 7.4% increase in tyre circumference will have on the van's gearing and braking capabilities as well as the speedometer being out.
For sure. He should have also considered whether they would fit BEFORE he bought them! pmsl ;)

Hi there.

Wanting to put all terrain tyres on my camper. I'm running standard suspension and 18inch wheels.

Been looking at
Grabber AT3 255/55/18
Or
Ko2 265/65/18

Just need help as to which to get, unless, there are other recommendations.

Cheers.

265/65/18 is a huge tyre, OEM 18" size is 255/45/18, Doubt that would even fit under the van, see below.

Stitches and steel go for 235/55/18 on their 18" steels AT tyres, 'The Steel' Wheel FAQ's

1700122631069.png

Have you had a look through this thread? lots of info on there:

A friend has bought some all terrain tyres for his T5 18 inch wheels.
255 55 18

What do people think? Will they fit? Looks tight to me
They actually do fit.... Just!

I today fitted Tamar "smoothie" wheels shod with Falcon Wildpeak 255/55R18 tyres and they fitted fine with no rubbing or issues.

Bought from the a link on the forum. [Sold - Banded one piece wheels 18”]

No spacers were required which was a surprise.
I'm yet to put any miles on them, but this worked well on a T6.1 which is lowered 50mm with KW1 coilovers.
I don't think this would work at all well with a lowered van without coilovers, as as the springs are narrow and provide a minimum of 10mm of clearance.
Thanks to @Lee C for the wheels. Chuffed to bits with them.

They actually do fit.... Just!

I today fitted Tamar "smoothie" wheels shod with Falcon Wildpeak 255/55R18 tyres and they fitted fine with no rubbing or issues.

Bought from the a link on the forum. [Sold - Banded one piece wheels 18”]

No spacers were required which was a surprise.
I'm yet to put any miles on them, but this worked well on a T6.1 which is lowered 50mm with KW1 coilovers.
I don't think this would work at all well with a lowered van without coilovers, as as the springs are narrow and provide a minimum of 10mm of clearance.
Thanks to @Lee C for the wheels. Chuffed to bits with them.
You got any pics of them?

Falken AT3 235/55/18 ….£250 for 2
View attachment 227361

Unless I'm missing (very possible!) something yours are bit pricey.
Demon Tweeks appear to be selling the same tyre at £115.96 each, plus delivery "from £1.33".

Back