Will my 12’6 paddleboard fit inside?

How about taking a small pair of steps?, probably only need 3 steps high, then you don’t have to pack a wet board away inside the van, then you can wash and dry it fully inflated at home, that what we do

Thanks !
How about taking a small pair of steps?, probably only need 3 steps high, then you don’t have to pack a wet board away inside the van, then you can wash and dry it fully inflated at home, that what we do
Excellent idea, thank you

I paddle a ton and have had inflatables and hardboards of various lengths 11’6 x 30” to 14ft x 23”. I use two devices - a Lockrack double system and/or Lockjaw by Northcore.

The Lockrack is 100% secure and can be uninstalled. It works like crab claws coming together to hold the board in place. I leave mine on all year around attached to the cross roof rails. I’ve also seen them mounted directly to the side of Crafters. When I carry a second board on the cross rails I’ll use the Lockjaw, the unit slides into the fin box with a wire cable.

I recommend as I have done, paying for insurance. It’s an add on to my British Canoeing membership which gives me peace of mind should either fail or accidental damage.

I had no fear of theft or the main concern a board falling off when driving around the NC500 Scot route in high winds and rain and visiting Edinburgh parking in urban areas

IMG_9724.jpeg

Reactions: CJW
I'm in the flooring trade and get 4m wide carpets (13'1") in but with rear and front passenger seats folded down. 10'6" paddle board fits over top of seats but I have 2 so when inflated strapped to roof rack. Didn't realise original post was quite old so left a bit late!

Last edited:
Back