Will my 12’6 paddleboard fit inside?

Mav

I’m seeking my first purchase and I’d appreciate it if anyone knows whether I can fit my 12’6 paddleboard inflated inside a LWB please? Thanks lots

I’m seeking my first purchase and I’d appreciate it if anyone knows whether I can fit my 12’6 paddleboard inflated inside a LWB please? Thanks lots
I’ve got a scale drawing of the LWB. Give me a minute. I’ll have a look.

My drawing only goes as far as the front bulkhead, but even putting it on the diagonal both left / right and up / down it looks... pretty unlikely. Maybe someone with a LWB and a SUP can confirm this?

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 13.29.28.png

Thanks so much, that’s what I feared. For weekend paddling trips I’d like to be able to store it inside without the hassle of inflating before each use.

Reactions: CJW
No probs. Seen quite a few T5s and T6s in the lakes with them on the roof.

There are a couple of options for roof systems that lift the kayak/paddle board onto the van for you.

Or inflate once you are on site with an electric inflator.

Pete

One guy had a slide-out pole off the roof bars, he lent it against that, the hoicked the other end up. With one foot on my rear wheel, and holding onto the roof rail, I can lift myself up easily. Worth a try?

Thanks loads. I’ll try it when I get my van. Just waiting for my house sale to complete to have the funds. On a separate note, May I ask you please why virtually all layouts are kitchen in the middle? I’ve seen an end kitchen and it seems to offer so much more space and better use of the front seats as beds? I’ve also got the challenge of 2 big dogs to fit in. Thanks again heaps

Reactions: CJW
In my family we need somewhere to dash if it's raining and we want a hot drink or food. Not sure a rear kitchen would work for us. Have seen many mountain bikers / day van folks with a slide-out rear kitchen for the after-ride / walk dinner... in good weather.

Reactions: Mav
Fit some electrics in your van, get a decent electric pump and inflate on site.

We use roof bars as a couple of the places we visit have residents that are hostile to the sound of the pumps.
Then there is another where we can't get under the barrier if we have the board on the roof, so we either pump up (shark pump) or take the car...

11'6 sport board on a SWB.
1674573126530.png

We use roof bars as a couple of the places we visit have residents that are hostile to the sound of the pumps.
Then there is another where we can't get under the barrier if we have the board on the roof, so we either pump up (shark pump) or take the car...

11'6 sport board on a SWB.
View attachment 185873
Nice board

Thanks loads. I’ll try it when I get my van. Just waiting for my house sale to complete to have the funds. On a separate note, May I ask you please why virtually all layouts are kitchen in the middle? I’ve seen an end kitchen and it seems to offer so much more space and better use of the front seats as beds? I’ve also got the challenge of 2 big dogs to fit in. Thanks again heaps
End kitchen - google Rear kitchen layout (as mine is).

Great if you want to separate the space, also easy to have an on-board loo.

You lose a lot of storage though, no under/behind bed for bedding, awnings, chairs, tables. Not sure if it would work with a big dog, let alone 2!

End kitchen - google Rear kitchen layout (as mine is).

Great if you want to separate the space, also easy to have an on-board loo.

You lose a lot of storage though, no under/behind bed for bedding, awnings, chairs, tables. Not sure if it would work with a big dog, let alone 2!
Thanks - very helpful about the storage aspect. The rear kitchen layout also looks to have a more comfortable sofa type layout for relaxation rather than bolt upright rear seats? Dogs eh!! Have to squeeze them in somehow !

Reactions: CAB
A 12'6 board isn't going to fit inside a LWB

I can get my 10'6 board inside my SWB but it's reasonably tight and its right into the front compartment. I can't see out the rear view mirror with it in but side mirrors are OK, one of our SUP spots on the sea is 3 miles away so not far to drive like that

10ft whopper in my lwb only leaves about a ft to the dash when between front seats.

However, if you can lay your passenger seat flat and pop the nose on the dash, then maybe. Will be tight though.

Thanks - very helpful about the storage aspect. The rear kitchen layout also looks to have a more comfortable sofa type layout for relaxation rather than bolt upright rear seats? Dogs eh!! Have to squeeze them in somehow !
If you don’t need to carry passengers in the rear then have a look at a u-shaped seating layout.

Back