Will Hidden Clips Support A Ply Ceiling?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
T6 Legend
I'm just starting to think about the roof panel for my van. I was thinking about a 1 piece 3..6mm ply roof, but have been told by a converter that the hidden clips from places like MVM or Harrisons wont be good enough the support the weight, especially by the time its carpeted and got LED lights fitted.

Have I been given duff advice or not?

I'm thinking of a 1 piece as I cant think how to cover the joining strip and get a good finish and it will be easier to fit long LED strips running the length of the roof.

The fir tree clips are very strong and difficult to remove - to get them out I use grippers - there are a huge number of connections for the clips for the roof.

The ones I bought are fir tree long ones are not hidden. I bought a pack of white plastic hidden ones as well however they didn’t prove strong enough and kept pulling away from even the side panels.

ABD7914C-AAD2-4433-81B1-0C6FF476C061.jpeg

8EF67E56-2101-4CDB-893E-38EC8E55BBBF.jpeg

I used some knock in ones, then put small screws in the ply, then a bit of body filler over the screw.

One 1.2x2.4 is only just big enough, so you have to put the side piece in.
If you use hidden clips they might show through the head lining.
If you fix the centre up permanently you still get access to all the wires as they run up the out side.

One 1.2x2.4 is only just big enough, so you have to put the side piece in.
If you use hidden clips they might show through the head lining.
If you fix the centre up permanently you still get access to all the wires as they run up the out side.
Very nice where did you get the side piece from and was it easy to fit

Nice one good job
if I made mine you can count on it it would not look like that
So it will get one from plyworx

Back