Wild Camping - Wales

Angela

i was surprised last weekend to see that Black Rock Sands is a Wild Camping Spot. I asked a police officer on the beach and apparently in the Summer months sometimes there is someone in a booth to take money for parking overnight but not in the off season. At 630 the beach was filling up nicely with all types of motorhomes and campers.

Really? I didn't know that, I've stayed at a site about 10 mins walk away before as my granddaughter loves the beach there but she would think it was amazing if we actually stayed the night on it! Where do you actually drive on to it, I've got the weekend off and the weather's going to be good so I could take her to stay Fri night :)

Last edited:
Well that thought lasted precisely 2 mins, I'm now having to work :( Funny how many people get ill at Bank hol weekends!

Oh well, there's always next time :rolleyes:

We just followed the signs for the main entrance you go past the toilet block and drive onto the beach. The bank holiday flu it goes around. Sorry to hear your missing out.

Appologies if this has been covered before,I remember seeing a nice camp site in west wales but I can not find it now.
We require a small site with a shower block next to a dog friendly beech with a pub in walking distance .
Any recommendations?
Thanks
John

If Heineken did camp sites :). If someone knows this one we can add it to the other thread. :thumbsup:

If Heineken did camp sites :). If someone knows this one we can add it to the other thread. :thumbsup:

We stayed down a campsite called little kings in ludchurch outside Amroth.

Was a fantastic site, nice and quiet, very clean, excellent shower/washing up/ laundry facilities, traditional pub on site and also an indoor pool.

I highly recommend this site

Regards
Gaz

Hey guys,

With everything going on right now with Coronavirus I was thinking of getting away in the van with the family. Probably in a few weeks when hopefully it'll be a bit warmer.

If things progress I'm guessing campsite will be closed so I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a few places close to South Wales for a bit of wild camping. Somewhere to pitch the van where we won't get moved on. Maybe have a small fire or BBQ.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Stay safe everyone
#vanlife

Hi Jason,

Can't give any direct advice about sites but have you got the Park4night app? Very detailed and if you find somewhere not on there you can contribute.

Good luck and safe travels.

Search for sites is good but I’m pretty sure they will be busy as campsites close and people loose their income.
My prediction is we’ll be able to camp anywhere within reason as there are bigger fish to fry right now and in the very near future. If you turn up late, don’t create a mess and leave early it isn’t normally an issue.

I thought i read an article that stated wild camping in Wales was illegal and banned unless you had the permission of the landowner...?

Not sure how enforceable this is..?

If you're tired and pull over, somewhere discreet and aren't causing an obstruction then i don't see how they can fine you...

We have wild camped at the top end of Lake Vyrnwy. There is a car park there.

Pete

There's a few nice spots...the new visitor centre car park is brilliant but will be patrolled. Plenty of other places though where you're not disturbed.

Back