Wild Atlantic Way Ireland Break.

And PS: the weather isn’t like this all the time in Ireland, you’ve been lucky, very lucky , enjoy
This weather is fantastic, struck it really lucky although I'd like to see a bit of rain, I am British after all.
Absolutely stunning place.

I agree with what Fish said except the bit about the MTFU pills :D

Great thread,I'm going to do the same when I go to Portugal and a 30 minute film at the end :thumbsup:

I agree with what Fish said except the bit about the MTFU pills :D

Great thread,I'm going to do the same when I go to Portugal and a 30 minute film at the end :thumbsup:
I know I've got some of the best Ireland has to offer along with the best weather for a long while but it does make you appreciate the life/holiday Ireland and these vans have to offer. I love our van set up for site hopping.
This f45 has been an awesome feature in this weather for shade.
Sadly the van scene over hear seems very minimal compared to the UK. Most transporters are California's and nothing has been modded so far that I've scene.
Looking forward to your thread....:thumbsup:

Yesterdays campsite was Nagles Campsite in Doolin and so far its been the best. 27euro was for 2 adults for 2 nights, hook up was free. Wifi was present but most the bandwidth was taken up to stream the football so was crap unless online at 4am. the showers were 1euro for 10mins, brand new shower toilet block. Very impressed and well worth a visit.
20180625_100218.jpg
Today was a trip to the Docs to get some MTFU pills as @Fish calls them (that may come back to haunt him) followed by lunch at a café in Kilkee that's used by catering students to practice their skills. really good local food at healthy prices.
The afternoon travelling south gave us amazing views of the coast and we ended up at Loop head Light house, Heading east following the edge of an estuary towards Killimer we found a campsite called Greenacres caravan park. Its very back dated but cheap (buying an electric kettle really helps make use of the hook up.
20180626_145824.jpg
20180626_145859.jpg
IMG-20180626-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20180626-WA0004.jpg
Tomorrow we shall continue to Killimer were we will get a ferry over to Tarpert. The aim is to continue south on the WAW and stop at what looks nice.

Looking at last pic.. you may benefit from T32 rear springs mate??.

Looking at last pic.. you may benefit from T32 rear springs mate??.
I agree buddy she does sit low on the back end, similar to @Davenjo who's thread I've been reading, makes me think the T32 springs will be beneficial.

Great reporting mate.. or is it Mrs Webb?. Has she ventured out of the van yet??. :whistle::thumbsup:;)
Photos and write up are me :D Can't you tell by the simple illiterate way it's written?..
This write up is nice to do with a beer and gives me an excuse to spend ages browsing the forum only meters from the fridge.
This whole trip is a learning curve as it's the first real trip in the van. It's going great with lessons being learnt daily.
Will be looking at the next trip as we return full of enthusiasm.

Love it mate.. it does seem to be great little set up.. may have to have a beer upon return and hear all about it over a pint or 9..

Springs are here waiting mate.. yours if you want them.

Love it mate.. it does seem to be great little set up.. may have to have a beer upon return and hear all about it over a pint or 9..

Top man, I shall make use of those springs and issue beers in return.

We could all sit around the fire, enjoying a few beers and hearing all about the travels from @Ed Webb significant better half, but we can’t because Mr selfish won’t let her come to CamperJam just because he’s decided he has better things to do.;)

Keep up the posts, just been showing Mrs DaveyB the pictures, might have to try and organise a trip ourselves to WAW or NW500.

Last nights campsite was a place called Greenacres in a place called called Doonaha. well established but dated static home park expanding into tourers/caravans by tarmacking a new road and layout. only 1 shower in the gents block for the whole site, that and the loos have all seen slightly better days but still functional. 20euro for the night and hookup wasn't too bad as the views over the estuary were pleasant.
Set off this morning to catch the little hopperferry over from Killimer to Tarbert, Got there just as it was boarding and paid 19euro for the crossing. pretty efficient service indeed.
20180627_103710.jpg
Had a brew near Beale strand which is just a carpark and beach. Pleasant and quiet. just a few dog walkers collecting shells. The OH decided to bring back 3 rocks....
20180627_112122.jpg
The afternoon was a god stint at the wheel as temperatures got up to 32.5 degrees. I felt the van and aircon was more comfortable. We blasted around a few pages on the guide and tackled what can only be described as Ireland death road as we made our way along the R560between Kilmore and Dingle.
IMG-20180627-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20180627-WA0009.jpg
These photos don't really do the road justice but it has a 2t weight limit and a 1.8m width limit I ignored the signs and powered through. jaw droppingly awesome yet bum twitchingly scary all at the same time.
we made it to a campsite in Dingle which claims to be the most westerly campsite in Europe. The owners are absolute fruit loops and are better placed in a carry on film. this campsite is 26euro for the night, again with hook up. We've already made use of the wifi to find a nice campsite in which we aim to stay for 2 nights. in danger of sounding utterly British this weather is too hot to venture off on the bike so the safety of the air conditioned van in the next best thing. I'm not one that copes with heat well.

Tomorrow we aim to give a local distillery a visit whilst heading down further south to Casherdaniel.

A few bit on the van conversion have already fallen apart one of the vanx curtain rails lost an end piece allowing the curtain to pop loose and flap in the wind, and the gas ignition switch on the smev only sparks on one of the burners. curtain rail fixed, smev is lit with a lighter not a major issue but shouldn't be broken already.
the other discovery is mentioned above that the suspension upgrade from T30 to T32 springs will be beneficial.

Looks a great road trip your having, great pics of the coastline, any sunset pics, imagine your getting some stunning evenings.
Showing my OH your travels, can’t beat being away in your van.

Back