T6.1 Privacy Disclaimer Every Time?

Deaston

T6 Pro
Everytime I start the van, I have to "ok" a screen about privacy.

In the menu I found I can have full privacy, normal privacy or share my location. How and with whom I'd be sharing it I have no idea.

What is my van on about?! Does it have some sort of military stealth mode whereby I can avoid radar detection?

Is there any way of turning this rubbish off? I really don't care and don't want to be clicking the screen every time I use the van.

What spec van do you have, and what sort of radio/entertainment system ?

Pete

Are you referring to the privacy screen you get when you have CarPlay or similar connected?

Or is this coming from the navigation system because if you use the search you are sending your location?

It's a T30 highline, so has the standard "Composition Colour" 6.5" screen.

I don't have Android Auto/Carplay connected and it doesn't have a built-in nav.

It's a T30 highline, so has the standard "Composition Colour" 6.5" screen.

I don't have Android Auto/Carplay connected and it doesn't have a built-in nav.
New one on me, do you have a pic of the screen?

It's a T6.1 Guess it's to do with the built in internet connectivity and "Volkswagen We" online services

Do you have a dealer planted data plug in the OBD socket?

It will probably pop this message up constantly until you finally give in and agree to share your location whereupon it will be quiet as a mouse while it tracks your every movement and relay it back to its masters who will analyse the data and use it to sell you chocolate, soap powder and sexual services. Its not paranoia if they are after you! *Rant Off*.
Bought the van to get away from the world.......
Anyone seen my tinfoil hat.............
Sorry OP no idea how to turn it off :(

Looking with VCDS the 5F module has a load of adaption channels with
ENG122227-ENG117675-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_XXXXX_Function_after_disclaimer
Do you think that it is one of these set "activated"?

It will probably pop this message up constantly until you finally give in and agree to share your location whereupon it will be quiet as a mouse while it tracks your every movement and relay it back to its masters who will analyse the data and use it to sell you chocolate, soap powder and sexual services. Its not paranoia if they are after you! *Rant Off*.
Bought the van to get away from the world.......
Anyone seen my tinfoil hat.............
Sorry OP no idea how to turn it off :(

I love the way Google tell me my "Timeline" as how else would I know that I haven't been out of the country in over a year... thank heavens for "Death in Paradise" tonight.

I have recently bought a new T6.1
Every time it is restarted a long message about privacy appears on the screen which I have to acknowledge by pressing a particular spot on the screen before anything will work. According to VW this cannot be prevented. I have found this distraction to be a waste of my time and of my attention and therefore both irritating and dangerous.
So far I’ve only had to do it about 100 times.
How will it feel after 10 000 times ?

Really dislike these flat screens. I think that downright dangerous as you’re always having to concentrate when changing anything. Bring back the old fashioned pushbuttons. So much simpler.

Nothing on mine??? Perhaps a different model or head unit?
Mine is a Highline 2020 Kombi. No options to mention in this department.

Really dislike these flat screens. I think that downright dangerous as you’re always having to concentrate when changing anything. Bring back the old fashioned pushbuttons. So much simpler.
I couldn't agree more, I've said so many times including on this forum. Driving should be about looking through the big window in front of you, not at a touch screen.

Back