Why Does The Radio In My T5.1 Add Things To The Station Name?

Deaston

T6 Pro
Something I've never managed to find out. Why does the radio in my Transporter add "R1" or "R3" to the name?

In my car: "LBC"
In the van: "LBC R1"

In the car: "Heart"
In the van: "Heart R3"

It does it to all stations. What does it mean and why is it so important for VW to add it?

Are they preset numbers? That said, it shows how much I think about DAB performance on mine that my initial reaction to the OP was 'because it's sh1t'.

It might be because you have 3 pre-select save options for the FM frequency (3 lots of 6 stations.) The R1 relates to the first 6 stations on your display whilst the R2 and R3 relates to the other 2 lists. I think.

It might be because you have 3 pre-select save options for the FM frequency (3 lots of 6 stations.) The R1 relates to the first 6 stations on your display whilst the R2 and R3 relates to the other 2 lists. I think.

I thought this when I first bought the van, but it doesn't seem to stack-up. I only use "FM1" and have no stations saved to FM2, 3 or 4. Plus the "R3" or whatever is there even when the station isn't saved.

It’s not something to do with regions, is it? Heart is national but they have ‘local’ news depending where you are listening

It’s not something to do with regions, is it? Heart is national but they have ‘local’ news depending where you are listening

I like the thinking, but BBC 3CR is, in itself, a regional station, so that doesn't makes sense.

I'm amazed the radio does something that doesn't make obvious sense and isn't mentioned in the manual. Someone clearly thought it was very important for me to know this information, but has failed to explain what it means!

Back