Renewal hike!

Provided the ‘passenger’ is secure - seat belt on and vehicle strapped down - then I guess it doesn’t fall in to the ‘insecure load’ offence? Similar to when filming companies tow along a vehicle and film the actor to make it look like they’re driving, I imagine

I’ve been with Autoaid for years with my car. They won’t cover anything over 2.5t though so I’m going to have to look round when I get the van.
Has anyone any experience of calling out Autoaid to a T6?

Has anyone any experience of calling out Autoaid to a T6?

I’d also be interested in any responses to this as I’ve just got an email from them this morning to say that they’re adopting an ‘auto renew’ system but I’ve also just noticed the ‘up to 2.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight’ clause. Time to shop around I think

First Direct bank's 'First Directory' account upgrade is £15/month, and if it's also a joint account, as the one we have First Directory for is, you get included annual mobile phone insurance (for both of us), annual worldwide travel insurance (again, for both of us, travelling together or separately), and European breakdown cover (yup, covers both if us, and is I think provided by the RAC). I've no link to First Direct other than being a happy customer for more than 20 years, but the benefits really work for us considering it's only £180/year.

Last edited:
I got a good deal with CBC UK and European Breakdown last year through a link in Money Saving Expert. It’s the usual auto renewal deal that all insurance companies are after but that’s cancelled in my case as soon as the insurance is bought.

Back