Who knew..............!

To update the wiper issue I was trying to work out, you can do this via Carista now. You deactivate speed sensitive and rain sensitive options, which just defaults the wipers back to the traditional intermittent speeds, which for me is far better.

Was puzzled why my electric tailgate would work in most situations although intermittently but never in my driveway, seen it as a fault until the penny dropped, there's sensors to stop it opening up and hitting something or someone.. bloody obvious really doh!
New about the folding mirror/closing windows and fuel cap holder but still can't work out the cruise/distance setting

The controls are on the left hand side of the steering wheel. The silver rocker sets the distance. Set sets the speed you are at,resume takes you back to the speed you set before you braked. Up and down does the speed in increments...if that makes sense?.

Thanks
I don't know what it is but I just can't get my head around it.
I remember I had an auto brake application when a car turning left in front of me decided not to and just stopped.

If you have an electric tailgate you can change the position it stops at when it opens....

Open as normal then pull the tailgate down to your chosen position and hold the tailgate close button for 3 seconds.

The tailgate memorises this position and will only open this far next time.

Can see that coming in handy like, got a low hanging tree branch on the driveway that's starting to become a problem.
Slightly off topic,had a recall on side sliding door ingressing water from jetwashing with the claim of a potential fire risk,drivers side only.my van has a slide door on both sides so why not do both,vw wrexham did not have an answer.
Any ideas anybody?

Have we ascertained if there is a way of switching off the auto rain sensitive function ? I hate it profusely ! In summer you end up with flies smudged everywhere when it least suits.

Hoping to avoid a Carista or VCDS to eradicate this little annoyance

I've got a "Who knew?", while grovelling on the floor doing electrics I looked up and saw this on the underside of the cubby lid. Looks like something for a card or something to slot in, anyone any idea? Never noticed it before but I've never looked at the lid from that angle before.

IMG_2634.JPG

I found it the other day at the fuel depot :grin bounce:

I did think why does it just dangle there? We are still talking about the fuel hose btw. :whistle:

Last edited:
Deadlocks(safelock), 2 pulls on any handle will open the door.
Single press on the remote will lock everyone in
Double press on the remote will lock without deadlocks...
SWMBO asked me the other day why she had to pull on the lever twice to get out the van. I told her to pull it properly.

You learn something new every day. Cheers @Loz

Well whilst filling up at local fuel station a T5 pulled up at next pump. Owner walks over to me says.hello and puts my fuel cap on the holder...................mind blown!

My only excuse it’s the first VW I’ve owned!View attachment 14598
Wow! You guys are so naive! This is an old pick-up approach.....cap in holder = “Not interested!”....cap out of holder = “Available”....putting cap in holder = oh, work it out guys!!!

Wow! You guys are so naive! This is an old pick-up approach.....cap in holder = “Not interested!”....cap out of holder = “Available”....putting cap in holder = oh, work it out guys!!!

Cap out of holder... available - interesting.

Going to give it a go next top up. Knowing my luck some massive meat eating builder will come over and try his luck :eek::sick:

Back