Who knew..............!

Front fog lights come on singly - either right or left when turning.
When in reverse, you can get similar thing to happen on the rear fogs by manually turning on the fog light switch, then you will get one rear fog light on singly - either right or left - to give a bit more light when reversing.

I also noticed yesterday when I was parked in front of a shop window (Greggs to be precise, for breakfast) that when you put the van into reverse, both front fogs light up, and go off when you move into drive.

Oh and the breakfast bacon cob and a coffee deal is a lot more expensive in the services than than the normal Greggs.
Just saying.

I wonder if the Germans in the VW factory see the irony in making two bright forward facing fog lights come on when you reverse and only give you a single measly, poxy, dim, useless reversing light at the back that doesn’t illuminate a feckin thing!!! :thumbsdown:

I now drag the brakes when I reverse and use the brake lights as reversing lights! :rofl:

I wonder if the Germans in the VW factory see the irony in making two bright forward facing fog lights come on when you reverse and only give you a single measly, poxy, dim, useless reversing light at the back that doesn’t illuminate a feckin thing!!! :thumbsdown:

I now drag the brakes when I reverse and use the brake lights as reversing lights! :rofl:

I find it much easier to just use my mirrors :laugh:

Here's one my daughter discovered which was new to me. If if you want to put the windows up / down without the key being in, just hold the button down for a few seconds

Mirrors are still useless at night when it looks like you’re reversing into a Blackhole! At least the reversing sensors let me know if something is in the way :grin bounce:

Mirrors are still useless at night when it looks like you’re reversing into a Blackhole! At least the reversing sensors let me know if something is in the way :grin bounce:

Ahh, we don't get night time in Leicestershire, because the council in their wisdom have put up LED street lights that burn your eyes if you so much as glance at them, so I can see perfectly.

Next time you are stood on a large hill in the dark down there, look North and that huge glow is Leicester.

Ahh, we don't get night time in Leicestershire, because the council in their wisdom have put up LED street lights that burn your eyes if you so much as glance at them, so I can see perfectly.

Next time you are stood on a large hill in the dark down there, look North and that huge glow is Leicester.
That’s why! They like it dark in Devon!

Sorry to be negative but although I mentioned the absence of a cap holder a while back and was put right....

Now that I know what that bar is for, I think it is pretty useless.

9/10 the putting the nozzle in the filler (especially if it has an advertising collar on it) knocks the cap off of its holder.
There are so many other simple solutions which are more effectivee.
Oldrat you are correct!

But annoyed that my intermittent wipers didn't work, moving the switch to fast and slow doesn't do anything. Then I went passed a truck and got loads of spray and my wipers went manic, turns out it has rain sensors!
So, do they all have rain sensors if so what's the fast/ slow intermittent switch for?

Adjusts the sensitivity of the auto wipers

So between these two Q&A I could do with some clarification.
The short and simple part of the question is do we actually have 'intermittent wipers' ?

I'm finding it annoying that my wipers are either really slow to react, or too fast.

So between these two Q&A I could do with some clarification.
The short and simple part of the question is do we actually have 'intermittent wipers' ?

I'm finding it annoying that my wipers are either really slow to react, or too fast.

We have auto wipers. Works when it rains, the slidey dial thing alters the sensitivity of the sensor (light - heavy rain drops)

So no then.
I prefer the traditional way and controlling the speed myself.

Answer this then. What does it mean by 'speed sensitive' wipers within the Carista, because having that ticked or unticked makes no difference to my wipers.

So no then.
I prefer the traditional way and controlling the speed myself.

Answer this then. What does it mean by 'speed sensitive' wipers within the Carista, because having that ticked or unticked makes no difference to my wipers.
I assume they become more sensitive the faster you go as the force of the rain against the screen will increase with speed.

I'm not sure if its the van but I've seen somewhere that you can untick auto wipers thereby giving you the "old fashioned" intermittent system;).
Check the MFD it may well be under the settings menu.

I assume they become more sensitive the faster you go as the force of the rain against the screen will increase with speed.

I'm not sure if its the van but I've seen somewhere that you can untick auto wipers thereby giving you the "old fashioned" intermittent system;).
Check the MFD it may well be under the settings menu.

Unless that was your way to get me running outside in my Pjs all excited, only to find no such setting, I cannot find anything in my MFD :(

On the subject of wipers, can anyone remember vehicles that when squirting the screen didn't automatically set the wipers off. The time where you could wet the crap on your screen before wiping. Not scrawb wipers over dry muck before the water got to it. Idea obviously financed by wiper blade manufacturers.

Back