Who Knew (insurance Woes)

Morning all,

Goodness me, who knew getting insurance for a Camper Conversion would be so tough. Any recommendations based on the following most welcome
  • we are currently living in Northern Ireland (that ruled a few out right there)
  • need insurance in both UK (including Ireland) and Europe
Have also been banging my head against the wall in regards to getting a tracker installed as most don't install for vans based in NI ....

Van currently being converted and we hope to pick it up 2nd week of January ...

cheers,

Nigel and Nicola

Try the RAC,we have a policy with them which seems to cover it all including awning and all the camping stuff.

Cheers

Try The Camping and Caravan Club - Club Care Insurance - I think they cover NI.

I always find Adrian Flux are pretty good at weird and wonderful situations. They insure my Motorhome and no one gets close to their renewal prices for me as yet.

Just Kampers Insurance, Flux direct and Herts insurance, from what I was told on the phone by JK are all really one and the same company. But can second what @Tourershine is saying. They were quite flexible with finding a policy to cover conversion. Not sure about NI though but nothing to loose by asking them.

I get stupidly cheap insurance from Comfort but it might be because it's a factory built camper?

It's the only vehicle (out of three) we have where I'm shocked at how cheap it is - £230 with very, very good cover. Amazing!

Try CIP crumlin insurance partnership

Speak to jimmy Ray,

I can also recommend tracker approved installers in NI if you need them ,

They sorted me out

Morning all,

Firstly many thanks for all of your replies .. very useful indeed. Have had a quote via The Kerr Group (via Zenith Marque) .... Dave (at the Kerr Group) has been very (very) helpful indeed, and very responsive .... Also been in touch with a local certified installer of trackers here as well .. so things certainly moving forward now.

By the way, had a long chat with these guys regarding security (Motorhome Security), Outsmart the Thief, and while I kinda agree with some of the points the big issue is a number of insurance companies (presently) don't recognize the device (as not Thatcham approved).

Cheers again for all your help ..

regards,

Nigel

Any recommendations for a nippy car?
I use BMW Insurance but it keeps jumping in price and this years quote is a bit silly; meanwhile the premiums for the van and Subaru keep dropping.
Getting to the stage where I might just get basic cover for the wee pocket rocket.

Is there any difference in attitude of insurance companies between Thatcham 5 & 6 in anyone's experience?

Any recommendations for a nippy car?
I use BMW Insurance but it keeps jumping in price and this years quote is a bit silly; meanwhile the premiums for the van and Subaru keep dropping.
Getting to the stage where I might just get basic cover for the wee pocket rocket.

Farmers Mutual

Good evening, from what little research if done so far most companies seem to require a tracker and so me don't insure for anything over 50k . Hopefully find a reasonably quote from Jk once mines ready end of February

Avoid Safeguard/Swinton.....my annual insurance policy has just increased by over £100 plus 16% APR with over 10 years no claims, as they're now underwritten by LV. I've had a quote from Just Kampers which undercuts Safeguard by over £150, that also includes my wife fully comp on the policy which Safeguard didn't. Also 30 days European cover. Okay it doesn't include 12 months Roadside Assistance (£90 a year) however I'm not expecting a 2017 T6 to require that just yet, (but do have a different policy through work). 9 monthly instalments if required so 3 clear months at the end of the policy. Well worth to shop around!

Back