We have just had our conversion completed by CustomHaus in Swindon (used to be called Big V Campers) - fairly local to us and recommended by a friend before we started. I would definitely recommend them. We're really pleased with it although it is still early days. Communication was good and the itemised breakdown of everything meant we knew exactly what we were paying and what it was for. They did the conversion, respray, poptop, body kit, wheels and suspension.

Hi All
Could anyone recommend a premier converter in Suffolk please or the best one nearest. I'm 61 years old and new to this.
Thank you in advance.
Gary
like most things in life, it will eventually boil down to personal taste & budget. One man's "premier converter" will be another's "wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole", been there done that :rolleyes: My advice is to look at as many converters and vans as you can. Visit Busfest, NEC shows, converters premises etc. & by all means spend some dark winter nights perusing the forum. You'll soon get an idea of what's available & where to go. We spent nearly 2 years researching our van before taking the plunge & it was time well spent. There are folks on here that swear by their vans & are very happy with them, and that's fine. We looked at the same converters & they fell into the "barge pole" category for us, but we are picky & know what we like. Similarly, people may look at our pride & joy, and think "nah! not for me".

Good luck with your search. Enjoy the research, it's half of the fun tbh.

We supply a few very good converters around the UK and I can recommend any of them,all have great reputations.. but one stands out and pushes the envelope and that is Knights custom conversions

Im in Suffolk and did the trip to Knights Custom conversions which is in Splading lincs. Well worth the journey imo.! Was half expecting at some point to make a return journey for snagging but that hasnt been required.

Depends how you define 'premier'!! If you want something bespoke (premier IMO!) I used The Soulful Explorer (Check out his Facebook for the latest builds) in Usk, South Wales, a short drive north of Newport. Dom who runs it and does all the work is a superb craftsman and will design a solution based on your exact needs - he's done everything from T2's to Crafters and recently a Land Rover 101!

As said above, everyone's taste is different, but we ended up getting everything we wanted with beautifully finished units (we didn't want the whole driver's side taken up with cupboards and didn't want cooking facilities in the van), birch ceiling, oak worktop, re-upholstered seats throughout, altro floor, flexi solar, smart bed on rails, lighting, Victron kit etc etc - a year on with trips across England, Wales and Scotland, it was great value, it's been issue-free and we've not seen another one like it! Highly recommend!

Sorry for the late reply of thanks to my question but my 97 year old Mum was rushed to hospital on Tuesday in Essex so I had to leave home a drive and stay there All is well and she is coming home today but thank you all with your help and advice I will be back on it when I return home to Suffolk.

Reactions: Bav
Hi All. I am going to visit Knights Custom Conversions in the next couple of weeks and also Van Haven. Question is please. Do you Guys and Girls recommend Van Haven ? Thank you in advance.

Hi All. I am going to visit Knights Custom Conversions in the next couple of weeks and also Van Haven. Question is please. Do you Guys and Girls recommend Van Haven ? Thank you in advance.
Knights are a great converter, and one we supply , Trace and Jon are really nice people and their conversions are thoughtfully worked out .

Ideally you want someone relatively close to you.

Van Haven are currently building my new bus, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them based on my experiences so far, but proof will be in the pudding so they say.

Just for clarity, don’t even bother to visit *essex Vans in Poole, absolute clown running that place.

I'm going to put a vote in here for @nwcc in Cowbridge.

New Wave Custom Conversions.

Very interesting operation, does a lot of furniture for other well-known converters. Plus a lot of other trade work directly with VW & Merc.

Owner is a proper enthusiast with some lovely vehicles in the show area.

Had some work done on a smaller van, really happy with it. All done with great care & van was really looked after, wrapped whilst it was worked on & cleaned immaculately before being collected.

Reactions: DXX
Thank you for the reply's so far. It's a great help. It will be my first and probably my last at my age LOL and I want to get it right.

Back