Who can install second row seat brackets?

Tim Mould

Hi all I am looking at getting either 3 or 2+1 on the second row, dose anyone know of anywhere local to Cambridgeshire to get the brackets installed and certificate for insurance?

Only one I know of is Colin at VWVC in Witney Oxfordshire. (As in the better rowing team out of the OxBridge pair).........

Another one for Colin.... he installed my 3rd row and I wouldn't hesitate to go back to him for other jobs.

The going price for a triple bench seat is no more than £500. So i’d be checking if the price in the posting includes the quick release foot brackets, the under chassis strengthening bars, and the fitting. For a triple you need 4 QR foot pieces. Ebay generally has these at £100 for 4. The strengthening bars probably about £50. You’ll then need the seat belts for the third row and the special adapter pieces to make the belt sit in the correct position above the shoulder since the top anchor point is on the side wall box channel right up under the roof. A second hand belt will be around £50, and adapter piece prob £20ish. All in all I would think all the bits would be £300. So fitting is £200? Might be a bit low in my mind, so definately worth double checking exactly what you would be getting for your money.
Send ZipcodeUK a PM and i’m sure he will give you an accurate breakdown as to the cost of each of the bits required as well as how much he paid for the exact same job to be done.

Unique Vans in St.Neots fitted the floor brackts for an additional single in my mates T6 kombi.
Dont know about tge certificate side of things though.

The going price for a triple bench seat is no more than £500. So i’d be checking if the price in the posting includes the quick release foot brackets, the under chassis strengthening bars, and the fitting. For a triple you need 4 QR foot pieces. Ebay generally has these at £100 for 4. The strengthening bars probably about £50. You’ll then need the seat belts for the third row and the special adapter pieces to make the belt sit in the correct position above the shoulder since the top anchor point is on the side wall box channel right up under the roof. A second hand belt will be around £50, and adapter piece prob £20ish. All in all I would think all the bits would be £300. So fitting is £200? Might be a bit low in my mind, so definately worth double checking exactly what you would be getting for your money.
Send ZipcodeUK a PM and i’m sure he will give you an accurate breakdown as to the cost of each of the bits required as well as how much he paid for the exact same job to be done.

Prices were approx: £300 for fitting, £75 per belt, £20 to £25 for the chassis strengthening bracket. Colin can supply most if not all the fitting required and often has parts in stock.

I'd recommend Colin as well - do you fancy a trip to Oxfordshire?
I sold him the triple seat and floor out of my factory Kombi before I had it converted to a camper.
Nice guy and knows what he is doing.

Last edited:
Back