Who’s Mapped Their 150s?!

Ted

I got my car and van mapped this week from Darren at DMS he did my car last year and seen what a job they made of it
And just got my new T6 this week so got both done at the same time I have a 150bhp now 205bhp and have a switch to turn back when taking for a service to original mapping unreal the difference !there well worth a shout they turned my A45 into a real pocket rocket also so I am one happy man with the map they put into that !!

I was booked in with DMS a few months ago. They have a really big name in the high performance world. They are daft expensive, but it's more of a custom mapping, with loads of extras and long back up.
Sadly I had to postpone because my brother/colleague picked up 6 points in my unmapped 204. He's had a clean license all his life, and got busted doing an eye watering speed overtaking a chap in a BMW that refused to let him past on a dual carriageway.
A moment of seeing Red and a camera van at the peak of the overtake meant a postponed mapping because I cannot afford for him to loose his license.

To be fare there price is good if u look at there back up plan they will fly to me anytime if I have a problem to put ecu back to standard and back again after problem is fixed with dealer to remap again
But in the T6 u can pay extra £150 for a button switch to turn back to standard power u could have it in it and use when u are in the van !
I had the 205 bhp ordered with manual box and led lights etc the van came in on start of Feb went to collect the van and no led in the van told the dealer to order me another but they couldn’t as in Feb time if u go for the 205bhp u have to put in dsg box which I don’t want as it’s another 2000k so that’s why I went for the 150bhp it was a bit of a balls up with Vw but that’s life

I have a 150bhp now 205bhp
...it’s a proper car no lag around 430bhp
Whats the rush?
grin.gif

Any rough idea of costings @Tourershine ?
Thanks

I was initially quoted just under a £1000 for the map and DSG work, but then I got chatting to another member on here, who paid far less as a special deal, so I complained their discount was excessive in comparison to my original price, deal or not, and they reduced it to £750.
I understand this is more than most of there other providers charge, but there was a lot of extra's that appealed to me as i'm always using the van and don't have the time to keep popping back and forth to remove the map for service work etc.

I was initially quoted just under a £1000 for the map and DSG work, but then I got chatting to another member on here, who paid far less as a special deal, so I complained their discount was excessive in comparison to my original price, deal or not, and they reduced it to £750.
I understand this is more than most of there other providers charge, but there was a lot of extra's that appealed to me as i'm always using the van and don't have the time to keep popping back and forth to remove the map for service work etc.
Thanks for that pal..
Im seriously being swayed with this switch stuff to remove map..
I got enough visits planned with my local dealer. Regarding warrenty work.
So this map fits the bill

Does the map not leave a trace on the ecu when removed that will be spotted by the Garage? And won’t they wonder what this extra switch is for? Out if curiousity where does the switch go?

They save your original
File of your ecu so when switched back from
Mapping into your own original file is back
They can put switch we’re ever you want it
Dms wouldn’t sell you a package if they couldn’t stand over it when he was with me he had to email my file back to base in uk for them to check to see if it could be done as my van was only built in may 18 and they had to check no software had been changed from the 17 version they designed so they sent file back and that was it

Spoke with DMS earlier in the week re remap for 204, can take it to 252 bph, think quote was 480 + vat, checked with my insurance today and only an uplift of £40 to cover modification

Can anyone out there comment/experience on the plus's/minus's for having this mod done

Yeep they did both my car and van last week brillant job that sounds really cheap quote u got

U need to pay another £200 to have the switch to turn it on when going into Vw for a service

For sure yes deadly job Darren was over with me 2 weeks ago and back next week to do my mates
2017 G Spec 530d X DriveThey have just finished mapping this and Bmw can’t trace in when they plug infor service or check ups will not show up made great difference to my van

I’d like to know more about the switch. Normally to clear all trace of a map you have to totally flash the original dealer file onto the vehicle- which is what REVO do, so totally untraceable. Revo offer an SPS unit to switch to a stock file but the ecu still shows it been flashed.

Glad your pleased with the power

Spoke with DMS earlier in the week re remap for 204, can take it to 252 bph, think quote was 480 + vat, checked with my insurance today and only an uplift of £40 to cover modification

Can anyone out there comment/experience on the plus's/minus's for having this mod done
Is this for diesel or petrol?

Judging by the varying prices different people are getting, i'm actually glad I didn't go ahead with mine.
I don't recall them offering me different packages, or switches to turn off the programming, so one would assume a re=map is a re-map, and the extreme variations in price just leads me to think they just start off with a daft price like I had, and drop it to get the work. This might be how some run businesses, and i'm taking nothing away from DMS, but it just stinks of double glazing sales tactics, a style of selling that should of died out in the 1990s.

I actually feel a little foolish to think I was going to pay £1000 for something some have been quoted half that for, and most other companies offer for half what I was quoted initially.

Back