Whinning Noise From Aux Belt Area

El purito

I'm new to this forum and I have a T6 204 DSG LWB kombie MY17. It's just returned from its 40k service and the technician has advised there is a whinning noise from the aux belt area. It's not something I've noticed myself, should I be concerned?
Although I was advised to get it booked in at a main dealer under warranty there seemed no advice on how urgent it is.

Its spring loaded, but more than likely noisy bearings.... so if that is the cause of the noise they will just replace it under warranty...

Keep us posted.

Mine needed replacing after 2000 miles. It was a loud squeak more noticeable on start up and lasted for around 5 mins. Then it subsided.
Vw new exactly what it was and fixed it quickly. Bearings on the tensioner pulley. This is on a 150 2wd however. I presume the belts and pulleys will be similar.

Van went into Breeze van centre on Monday for three days. The whinning noise was located to the power assisted steering pump and has been replaced. This is the first time I've had this happen having previously owned VW vans and at 38k?
The drivers door seal was also replaced due to rust and the drivers side rear sliding door motor also replaced although I'm sure being offside it doesn't get used that much?

Finally as I've had a revo remap I was concerned they may find this but nothing was mentioned

Back