Which Wind Out Awning For A Lwb? Dometic, Thule Or Fiamma?

Doesn’t look like it. See photo. We have twin sliding doors and make a matching rail on the drivers side so we could add a drive away awning on that side if we wanted but not needed to yet as there is only two of us in the van.

120BC36A-8852-4737-9593-9C5C5E71C89C.jpeg

We have been using the Fiamma 45S on our LWB, with the rain guard, so far so good.

Its great to stop the direct sun, i'd fit another one on my next build.

Out of all the options, they are all properly just as good as each other, i went with Fiamma as they had a black version at the time and the spare parts support is great.

We have been using the Fiamma 45S on our LWB, with the rain guard, so far so good.

Its great to stop the direct sun, i'd fit another one on my next build.

Out of all the options, they are all properly just as good as each other, i went with Fiamma as they had a black version at the time and the spare parts support is great.
What length of an awning 45s for the lwb cheers

Camperco have a sale on this weekend on wind out awnings with 300 off their usual prices.

They’ve got £264 off the SWB Titanium version too for anyone that’s interested.

Hi guys.
I'm after an f45 for my lwb. Now any advice on size would be appreciated. 2.6 or 3.0 metres please

I've used 3m Fiamma F45s on two LWB campers. First one was on a factory high top fixed directly to the side of the high top with rain guard added to dispose of the wet that runs down the roof side.

The current one is on a REIMO high top fixed to REIMO rails with bespoke brackets because I couldn't find any others. This doesn't need the rain guard as any wet from the roof is gathered by the rail. Photos available if anyone wants them.

I've used 3m Fiamma F45s on two LWB campers. First one was on a factory high top fixed directly to the side of the high top with rain guard added to dispose of the wet that runs down the roof side.

The current one is on a REIMO high top fixed to REIMO rails with bespoke brackets because I couldn't find any others. This doesn't need the rain guard as any wet from the roof is gathered by the rail. Photos available if anyone wants them.
Yes please. Although I'm a low top and I've got rhino roof bars for work. So I need to be on the side.
Thanks.

Yes please. Although I'm a low top and I've got rhino roof bars for work. So I need to be on the side.
Thanks.
Here you go...
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Material is 3mm aluminium. Making the brackets is not easy as there are more curves to the roof than you ever imagine until you start a job like this.

Torx screws were used for just a little added security having been told by a local friend that he had an awning stolen off his van over night! Stainless steel ones just to prevent corrosion.

For anyone fitting this type of assembly to a high roof, I reinforced the inside with thick ply bonded to the fibreglass and fitted with 'T nuts' to enable the outside bolts to be removed without need to access the inside which of course is behind the roof lining.

Material is 3mm aluminium. Making the brackets is not easy as there are more curves to the roof than you ever imagine until you start a job like this.

Torx screws were used for just a little added security having been told by a local friend that he had an awning stolen off his van over night! Stainless steel ones just to prevent corrosion.

For anyone fitting this type of assembly to a high roof, I reinforced the inside with thick ply bonded to the fibreglass and fitted with 'T nuts' to enable the outside bolts to be removed without need to access the inside which of course is behind the roof lining.
Hi Rod, thanks for the great info. I've got a factory high top too and I'm trying to source the Fiamma fibreglass kit, which mainly relies on Sikaflex but I'm also researching bolting options which are way cheaper. Which adaptor did you use on the factory high top and did you back it with the thick ply and T nuts as well or did you use some other method? Cheers

Back