Which Wheel / Tyre Size?

Kev23

QA Engineer
T6 Guru
having trawled through the T32 thread, and becoming more confused each time i read it, i thought i'd see if i could get a simple answer in order to allow the swelling in my brain to subside.... anyway, here goes

Vehicle - T6 T32 4motion - standard setup

wanted - 20" wheel tyre combo

Question(s):
1 - which is the best wheel width 9" or 9.5"
2 - which is best tyre width/profile, running on standard suspension ( may lower by 30-40mm at a later date)
3 - Would spacers be beneficial or worthwhile in order to have wheels flush(ish) with arches
4- Which ET should i opt for?

never though wheels would be so much of a pain in the hole!!

I have just changed mine after months of trawling through wheel websites, I used to be in 17" Devonports running 235/55/17 and had 25mm H & R spacers all round. I finally went for 9 x 20" running on 275 /35/ 20. which is almost bang on for the speedo

I have just changed mine after months of trawling through wheel websites, I used to be in 17" Devonports running 235/55/17 and had 25mm H & R spacers all round. I finally went for 9 x 20" running on 275 /35/ 20. which is almost bang on for the speedo

Are you still running the spacers? You still on standard suspension? What wheels you have, you have any photos?

6827BDD8-38D7-4834-A8B1-A5DE5AC2B0AE.jpeg
Are you still running the spacers? You still on standard suspension? What wheels you have, you have any photos?
No spacers now, I am running on B14’s at there highest setting which I believe is about 50mm lower than standard. Wheels are GMP italia Gunners

Love the colour? Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Just need to find the wheels I want now!

Reactions: Eli
Love the colour? Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Just need to find the wheels I want now!
Why did you go for in the end?

I’m interested because it shows you why you have to be careful with advice: as far as I know 275/35/20s someone suggested are only 102 load-rated… which is NOT sufficient for a T32 (needs 103+).
Despite you explicitly stating that yours was a T32!

I have exactly the same needs as you (T6 4mo T32) and my research suggests that 20” wheels just aren’t a good option: you either can’t find the right size (diameter) or right load-rating, or in rare one that has ok size and load-rating (Eg 255/40/R20) there is extremely poor choice of tyres…

I’ve decided 19” is a much better choice:
If you want low profile summer go 275/40/R19…
Or if you want a good range of tyres (summer, all-season and winter) then 255/45/R19 is a really good all-round option.

Why did you go for in the end?

I’m interested because it shows you why you have to be careful with advice: as far as I know 275/35/20s someone suggested are only 102 load-rated… which is NOT sufficient for a T32 (needs 103+).
Despite you explicitly stating that yours was a T32!

I have exactly the same needs as you (T6 4mo T32) and my research suggests that 20” wheels just aren’t a good option: you either can’t find the right size (diameter) or right load-rating, or in rare one that has ok size and load-rating (Eg 255/40/R20) there is extremely poor choice of tyres…

I’ve decided 19” is a much better choice:
If you want low profile summer go 275/40/R19…
Or if you want a good range of tyres (summer, all-season and winter) then 255/45/R19 is a really good all-round option.
If you hover over his name it show's Kev hasn't been on here since January.

If you send a private message (hover, and then 'start conversation) he might have set his profile to send it through on email.

If you hover over his name it show's Kev hasn't been on here since January.

If you send a private message (hover, and then 'start conversation) he might have set his profile to send it through on email.
Ah, right - thx for the tip!

Reactions: CAB
Back