Which Swivel seats to pick

jonathan123

Guys, Anyone point me in the best direction regarding purchasing swivel bases. After reading previous posts I can see most people have went with either sportscraft or Kiravan ones.
Has anyone got experience or seen both in action that can recommend which ones to go for?? (I have 2 single seats up front) Thanks

Also got a reply from Kiravans saying that you do not need a handbrake lowering kit for their swivel seat which can only be good??

I opted for the Kiravan, for a few reasons bigger hole for Heated and Air-bag cables, More clearance as I have battery under the seat and off-set because I have arm rests.

I'm well impressed no rattles or squeeks.

~ Off set Swivel.

Kev

Reactions: Rg_
Thanks for your post @Willoughby . I have heated seats also so this may be a better option for me as well. Only thing I noticed was the Kiravan one raises seat by 43mm as opposed to sportsline only raising seat height by 28mm. Has this been any issue for you?

Offset is great for driver side.
K's raise about 40mm. Consider your seating poisition.. is your current seat at its lowest setting?. If so a swival will raise this...
Sports are slightly lower and fine for passenger
IMO sports are not really any good for driver seat as the seat has to be in the right position before you can turn it past b pillar then the steering wheel.. you'll find you have to keep adjusting seat to get it round.. back n forth / recline too..

Then re-adjust one swival back ready for driving..

In your opinion @Fish @Willoughby , do I need the offset ones for both driver and passenger sides?? There is armrests on both seats. Does this mean they will be more closely together when turned round and close up the gap inbetween the seats for storing / laying stuff on the floor?

I would go with two brands the same, reason - height differnces.

Offset for passenger.. I have, due to easy for swival past B pillar..

If both are turned back do you need the same space gap between?. If you have a center console or fridge then maybe? Not sure to be honest.. narrower gap is fine for me.

Also consider batteries, subs or anything else that you may want under the swival as a large nut on the underside may affect this..
Also, rear plastic trim may need cutting to all for the swival..

Yip, will go for the same, 2 offset swivels from Kiravan. As you say, once turned round the gap in between is not concerning really. I don't have any batteries under the seat but will I require to cut any plastic trim to fit these swivels??

I changed mine, but certaily for the sportscraft. The top lip requires trimming off.. alternativly you can make something to hide the the base and velcro it on.

I've got sportscraft, no issues with mine. As @Fish says, bit of a faff swivelling drivers but you quickly get used to how to do it so not really an issue....... looks like you can't go wiprong with either so if it were me I'd go for easiest to fit. One other thing, I've no rattles whatsoever on my sportscraft (which would drive me mad)..... any rattles on the kiravans folks????

In your opinion @Fish @Willoughby , do I need the offset ones for both driver and passenger sides?? There is armrests on both seats. Does this mean they will be more closely together when turned round and close up the gap inbetween the seats for storing / laying stuff on the floor?

No issues with height, I'm 5'9" and have the height and Lumbar adjustable seats. And spot on the gap in the middle reduces, think that's the only thing I miss with my old van T3/T25 had loads of space between the seats.

Kev

@Walski was there any specific reason you went for the sportscraft rather than Kiravans? Kiravans has no handbrake adjustment to do which sounds good. Thanks again @Willoughby, suppose theres always got to be a compromise and loosing a bit of space inbetween the seats isnt the end of the world so sounds good to go with Kiravan

I changed mine, but certaily for the sportscraft. The top lip requires trimming off.. alternativly you can make something to hide the the base and velcro it on.
@Fish, what's the clearance like between the swivelled fronts and the kombi seats in the back? Or do you have sliding rears?

@Fish, what's the clearance like between the swivelled fronts and the kombi seats in the back? Or do you have sliding rears?

Have QR on 2nd row mate, distance of about 200mm with 2nd row in. (isn't alot) at all, but I also have the seats/bed in rear..

To add to this I have been looking to get the 2nd row to swival too.. giving me more options..

Guys, Anyone point me in the best direction regarding purchasing swivel bases. After reading previous posts I can see most people have went with either sportscraft or Kiravan ones.
Has anyone got experience or seen both in action that can recommend which ones to go for?? (I have 2 single seats up front) Thanks
Have a look on Jennings seating website think cheapest place to get your sportscraft swivels and handbrake kit approx £260 for the pair delivered.
Hope this helps

Back