Which swivel seat system for Captain’s Seat?

Panch

T6 Pro
I need to make the first purchase for our first van. Been looking at Kira van swivel and Rusty Lee swivel . I will need to fit a leisure battery underneath , so it needs to have the room
seen a few comments about none factory swivels moving around and squeaking when in the driving position.
it’s probably been discussed 100 times , but just after a little feedback/ guidance
thanks

The Kiravans swivel is a RIB by Scopema.

I’ve just bought one for the passenger seat. It works well but you need to jack the height adjuster up a few pumps and also need to slide the seat forward to turn it.

I also had to trim the rear seat base plastic cover as it fouled on the way round.

The RIB has a central hole so the seat heating cable can still connect to the bottom of the seat.

My one was squeaking when going over bumps with nobody sat in it but a quick splurge of silicone grease on the locating bobbins has resolved it.

I’ve just bought one for the passenger seat. It works well but you need to jack the height adjuster up a few pumps and also need to slide the seat forward to turn it.

I also had to trim the rear seat base plastic cover as it fouled on the way round.

The RIB has a central hole so the seat heating cable can still connect to the bottom of the seat.

My one was squeaking when going over bumps with nobody sat in it but a quick splurge of silicone grease on the locating bobbins has resolved it.
Thanks for the reply

I've just fitted one, do you have a picture of how much youve trimmed off your base plastic?

thanks

I have a RIB (from Kiravans) on the passenger side and went for a Rusty Lee on the drivers. Rusty Lee has the advantage that the release lever is at the front so does not foul the seat height adjustment. They both rock a little bit but neither makes a noise.

I need to make the first purchase for our first van. Been looking at Kira van swivel and Rusty Lee swivel . I will need to fit a leisure battery underneath , so it needs to have the room
seen a few comments about none factory swivels moving around and squeaking when in the driving position.
it’s probably been discussed 100 times , but just after a little feedback/ guidance
thanks
I have just fitted an Exploria one to my passenger seat. Absolutely no rocking or squeaking whatsoever. I think they are the dearest swivels out there but ya gets what ya pays for !!

I've been looking at the Aguti ones which include a complete base. Struggling to get some feed back on them though.

@t6blo which silicone grease did you use please?

Was this a bench seat or single as I am trying to find one that works with a heated bench seat

Was this a bench seat or single as I am trying to find one that works with a heated bench seat
The only way it will work with a bench seat is to use a easily accessible connector to disconnect the heated wiring externally as none of them have a way of passing cables through the base unfortunately

I have just bought a Kombi and swivels is the first mod I want to make. Question on fitting, DIY or take a to a conversion company?

I am pretty handy (fitted my kitchen and bathroom at home). My wife is nervous about me fitting them as 'they are the things we sit on!'

If I get someone to fit them can anyone recommend any conversion companys based in London / South East?

Easy DIY job. Make sure you keep ignition off when disconnecting airbags and torque the bolts/nuts up and you will be fine.

Back