Which Side Bars?

Hi all,

I'm not very mechanical (but also not an idiot ) and have just been quoted £500 PLUS VAT to replace my current rusting side bars on my T6 SWB with gloss black finish Trapezoid bars.

This is a quote from a VERY reputable place but seems super high to me. The most expensive side bars seem to be <£200

Would love anyone's opinion on this quote and IF a novice could fit bars on their driveway.

Thanks
G
I bought black side bars (around £200), removed my old side bars myself and had new ones fitted for £60

I was just about to order trapezoid running bars - did anyone find actual gloss black ones or is the consensus that all advertised gloss black are more satin

I’ve bought 2nd hand black 76mm slash T5 bars to fit on T6 2018 SWB , but no brackets were available . Does anyone have dimensions of the fitting kit crossbar I need please

IMG_1292.jpeg

IMG_1293.jpeg

These are the bars, I don’t have any fixings

Contact someone like these they may sell just the brackets
Be aware there’s a certain technique to fit them … attach a wire to the bolt when threading into the body work … it’s a faff
I think there’s a YouTube video somewhere

Contact someone like these they may sell just the brackets
Be aware there’s a certain technique to fit them … attach a wire to the bolt when threading into the body work … it’s a faff
I think there’s a YouTube video somewhere
My top tip for fitting is to put the bolt through the bracket with a nut very loosely on the end. That way you can’t drop the bolt inside the sill.

I've just bought some second hand side bars, and I don't have the clip / thread locker things highlighted in the photo below. Can anyone please tell me...

a. what is the proper name of these things? I can't find anything online that looks like them with the search terms i'm using.
b. are they actually essential to the installation process (so long as I don't push a bolt all the way into the cill? which I know is what these stop.)

Thread lockers.png

Back