Which roof-bars for my roof rails?

Hello
Has anyone fitted these rails and Thule bars to a pop top, there from campervan parts, I’m looking for a low profile cross bar system to carry a couple of paddle boards around locally, not for motorways, would you recommend them?
CheersView attachment 158528
I have Thule bars on my Cali. They are great for the SUP….and absolutely fine on motorways

I have Thule bars on my Cali. They are great for the SUP….and absolutely fine on motorways
Cheers, yes Thule bars are v good, it’s more the rail system kit that you drill and attach to the pop top roof, then you t clamp bars into this

Cheers, yes Thule bars are v good, it’s more the rail system kit that you drill and attach to the pop top roof, then you t clamp bars into this
I’m sorry I can’t offer any advice about the fitting as the Cali has embedded rails that take the Thule feet.

Hi everyone, a little advice please. I'm looking to get some roof bars. My T6 already has rails but I don't know if they're VW or another brand.
Does this mean I have to buy VW accessories or can I get Thule, or similar with footings to clip to the existing rails? The Thule buyer's guide wasn't definitive.

Any help / advice warmly received.

PXL_20220709_111901975.jpg

PXL_20220709_111910249.jpg

PXL_20220709_111928575.jpg

Hello @Eddy7 ,these are Omtec rails which are the ones vw fit. @NathK your rails are not vw rails but are aftermarket ones i think. Thule feet for raised rails should fit them as they clamp on but you will need to check for the load rating of your rails before putting anything on them. The Omtec ones are rated at 75kg but a lot of the aftermarket ones are rated much lower than this,hope this helps both of you

Hello @Eddy7 ,these are Omtec rails which are the ones vw fit. @NathK your rails are not vw rails but are aftermarket ones i think. Thule feet for raised rails should fit them as they clamp on but you will need to check for the load rating of your rails before putting anything on them. The Omtec ones are rated at 75kg but a lot of the aftermarket ones are rated much lower than this,hope this helps both of you
Thanks Martin, really appreciate it

Many thanks Martin, that’s really helpful.

I have Omtec roof rails fitted to my van which I understand are what VW main agents fit , I am wanting the crossbars are any of the after market cross bars any good safe etc and will they fit.
If anyone has a pair to sell please let me know.
Thank You.

I have Omtec and after market crossbars. The Omtec ones are best, but the after market ones are OK, but don't seem as well made.

Pete

Back