Which Radiator/Cooler (Guide)

Loz

Admin
VIP Member
This should help identify coolers fitted to different models.

Bi-TDI models CXEB etc.
1639651718130.png

Single turbo engines
1639651181395.png

Engine Oil Cooler
1639651288719.png

DSG Gear Oil Cooler
1639651653052.png

Heater Heat Exchanger
1640174954005.png

Rear Evaporator
1640175123687.png

Last edited:
Thank you Loz for those pictures clarifying Radiator/cooler, In my case is weird, because I own a 2.0TDI (CXFA) 150ps, but looks like the picture of the BI-TDI, with the "charge air cooler" on the top.

The ’single turbo’ photo above also applies to the CFCA bi-turbo.
The CFCA has a combined oil filter / EGR and oil cooler - expensive to replace.

Hi guys could someone clarify what the purpose of having a higher and lower temp radiator is pleases
There are two different coolant systems, each one has it's own rad.

More info in the download section.

Thanks mate, Im asking as I have very little mechanical knowledge But I have a small leak In the smaller front radiator. Coolants is not running out but there is signs of coolant residue. I hit a pheasant over a month ago have only just noticed when I have changed the grill and spotted the bumper support bar was broken. Sorry not currently a full member and probably wouldn’t comprehend the Info. Could someone please tell me what does the smalller radiator do please?

Got any pics of the rad?

The T6 has a very complex water cool/heat system. With two separate circuits for high and low sections.

But are both fed from the same reservoir.

If it's leaking you will notice the expansion tank coolant level dropping, it will need to be replaced.

thanks mate I had the coolant drop and topped it up, about a month later it dropped again but strangely now it seems to be holding Coolant but I’m going to have the radiator changed anyway and I’ve already replaced the plastic bumper mount and grille

IMG_2492.jpeg

IMG_2507.jpeg

IMG_2504.jpeg

Folks, I've got a coolant leak and when looked to see, realised things very complicated now. However, this thread has given me lots of good info. My leak appears to be coming from the front rad bottom left . Id like to investigate a little deeper but cant see how to remove the front end trim (as in above pictures). Does anyone have any ideas ??

Sorry Guys re above post. Should have given van details. VW T6 2016
Start on the right or left panels where it meets the centre grill and with a trim tool you just pop them off.

IMG_5327.jpeg
Start where the joins are, take the side pieces off and then the centre. Unless you have a startline bumper then its all onepiece and its bumper removal.

Thanks Sam for that info and picture ( same van as mine ) . So there are no screws to remove ??

Couldn't send a picture of the trim tool you use ? There seem to be so many types

Thanks Sam for that info and picture ( same van as mine ) . So there are no screws to remove ??

Couldn't send a picture of the trim tool you use ? There seem to be so many types
nope, no screws! i didnt use a trim tool, i pulled it off with my hands in the campsite as i needed to repair it before heading home

Back