Which oil?

Lee

T6 Pro
So I have a leaflet that says that I should use castrol edge professional, trouble is there seems to be a few flavours, anyone know which one we should use?

Did you not get a free top up bottle with your van ? mine was in the passenger door pocket when i collected
Will pop out and take a pic for you, back in 5

Will bought the van second hand from a camper conversion company, they didn't include any oil unfortunately.

Do tbey get through much oil (can't remember the last time I had to top up a car between services)?

See what others have, my van was preregistered so may not be the original OEM supplied stuff but thats the same stuff an alternative dealer supplied us for previous T5s

Not sure, first transporter for me, was just planning ahead of a trip early next year.

It needs to be a specific grade - I think it's LL04. As long as it's the right grade, brand doesn't matter.
Any decent motor factors will be able to type in your reg and give you the right oil.

Or use www.opieoils.co.uk

Bought oil for my BMW and the van not long ago - the van needed higher grade oil than the BM which surprised me.

0A2AB889-8E6F-4447-969F-A14954F2072D.jpeg Went to the VW dealer, and he advised me that the engine oil for a yearly service is the 5w40, the 5w30 is the oil used for a long life service, something I’ve never done, I’m a yearly service no matter what, but thats just me, this is what they had at the dealers, Quantum, was £28 for the oil (5litres) and £8 for the filter, not bad I reckon, went to Halfrauds and they wanted £51 for the equivalent Castrol oil at only 4 litres

I dont think that oil is suitable. As i understand it the spec for a T6 is 507.00. If that's only 505.00 its no good. (its £21.49 with free post on e bay)

Went to the VW dealer, and he advised me that the engine oil for a yearly service is the 5w40, the 5w30 is the oil used for a long life service, something I’ve never done, I’m a yearly service no matter what, but thats just me, this is what they had at the dealers, Quantum, was £28 for the oil (5litres) and £8 for the filter, not bad I reckon, went to Halfrauds and they wanted £51 for the equivalent Castrol oil at only 4 litres

That's very poor advice as there are two major elements to oil:
1) The viscosity (e.g. 5W30)
2) The specification (e.g. 507.00 / ACEA C3)

I can understand them not recommending a long life oil if you're doing low miles and a yearly change, however why you would need a thicker oil is beyond me.

Yes , you are right, it even says on the this oil container, so just to be sure if my van is 2017 registered T6 it will be 507.00 ?I cannot find anywhere in the manual, so it will have a dpf ? I will take the oil back and have it changed to 5w30, the guy at the vw dealership even asked my reg and typed it in, and this is what he came back with, but as you said if the van is 502/505 then 5w40 would be ok, but 507 is 5w30, thanks for you comment

Sorry to sound thick but how do I know if my van is a 505.00 or a 507.00 or whatever , there is no idication on the engine no. I checked my V5, it’s a 2017 102 T28, I dont want to go back to the vw dealership with the oil a end up looking like a monumental arse

Its not van specific its just the standard the oil is produced too.
Just for info i think you will find 5l is not enough these take a bit more than that, not personally done an oil change on mine but i think if you are doing filter as well it will take somewhere between 6-7 litres

Back