Glenn Board

VIP Member
T6 Pro
silly question , but I can’t Sean to find out what is the correct oil to put in the engine, could somebody please advise me as I need to put some in now?

I got a 1lt bottle for topping up foc from my dealer with my van when i picked it up,

I collected the van with 11,000 miles on the clock, and was told that all level had been checked, the van has now covered a further 10,000 miles and the low oil warning and oil pressure light flicked up, I checked the oil, and it was at bottom of dip stick, is this amount oil use correct, as for me with my cars I never top up between services?

I would also like to know please what oil to put in the van as I can see no reference in the handbook?

Thanking you all in advance for your help and advice.

Thanks, toped up with 1.5 ltrs, showing top of dipstick now when warm, but occasionally yellow low oil warning is still flashing up occasionally on dash, any idea, add more oil?

Thanks, toped up with 1.5 ltrs, showing top of dipstick now when warm, but occasionally yellow low oil warning is still flashing up occasionally on dash, any idea, add more oil?
Is it definetly the oil warning light and not possibly the DFP warning light?

Oil warning lights are always red
Warning lights are yellow serious faults are red ie no oil

Oil should always be checked (while van/car beeing parked on level ground) and topped up when the engine is cold (first thing in the morning usually).

Back