Mark Woodhouse

VW Brand Manager
T6 Pro
I'm looking at fitting a ebrspacher or webasto night heater and wondered if anyone has fitted either and can recommend location to fit and which one is best to go for, I currently have rib bed and insulated but no kitchen unit fitted as yet

Can't really provide the recommendations as I didn't fit it and have no experience of the webasto but I have got the eberspacher which was fitted by my convertor guy. It's fitted under the driver seat. I haven't used the heater yet as we haven't had the need but it does also blow cold air which was a godsend in France...... Stick it on for an hour before bed and it took the heat out of the van :thumbsup::thumbsup:

First photo isn't my van but is from my conversion guys site on a van a couple before mine. Second photo shows exit point of blower in my van. Third shows control panel (small control on the right).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Webasto do a kit that mounts the heater, Airtop 2000 STC, under the floor on a special bracket below the drivers seat, its the same as the T5 kit just slightly different fuel pump mounting if you have an adblue tank, very neat and much quieter and more energy efficient than an Eber equivalent, plus you get a 3 year warranty providing it is supplied and installed by a UK Webasto dealer, they can now be controlled from your smart phone too....

Yep, mine is under the floor, under the drivers seat. Just as well, as there is no space under the seat as this is where the leisure battery is!

Thanks all, I have now fitted the Eberspacher D2 aitronic kit under passenger seat and really please with this, a tad involved but really pleased with outcome and works great and saved a fortune, leasure battery under drivers seat and fitted control panel on rear and concealed all electrics behind

Btw the tape underneath was to keep the sealant tidy prior to going off and I have since put exhaust insulation to protect surrounding areas, bit of an overkill but always ott ;)

Hi Mark Just reading your post ref your night heater. I will be fitting Webasto and mine ,only worry is the connection to the fuel tank. Did you remove your tank and connect direct to it ? If so how did you get on and did you have to drill it etc?

Hi, yes I dropped the tank and drilled a hole for the pick up pipe next to the main sender unit. To drop the tank you need to remove the filler neck from by he fuel cap I recall about 3 torx screws, the tank has 3 brackets and you can drop down slowly and then remove clips for fuel pipes and then tank drops easily. The tip is to run fuel down really low to make easier and then cut pick up pipe about 1 inch from base of tank and you can secure pipe work to existing. If you need any further info please let me know and good luck

Reactions: TC1
Stampie, I'm a Webasto dealer, the proper T5/6 Webasto kit comes with a fuel stand pipe and instructions on how to fit it into the existing sender unit so you don't need to drill the tank, you do have to drop the tank down but the instructions cover this too.

But if you have a water heater installed from the factory you can tee into the existing fuel line before the existing fuel pump.

The Air Top 2000STC comes with a 3 year warranty if supplied and installed by a dealer. I'm putting one in my own T6 when I get time and always have one in stock, popular upgrade.

Reactions: G&T
Thanks for info, already got Air Top 2000st but only got maunfactors instructions. The unit is new and got the 7 day timer upgrade . I haven't got any fitting instructions with the kit so been trying to get my head around fitting it .
Idiots guide would be a great help.

I will email you the instructions if you like? You will need a few extra bits if you are doing the underfloor mounting.
Webasto do a dedicated T5/6 kit but it's mostly the same, different stand pipe for the fuel though and a bracket to mount it on, neoprene gasket to run the exhaust through the plastic undertray too

The instructions also come with a template for drilling the sender unit and cutting/bending the pipe to the right size/shape

Pretty shore I've got all the bit in the kit. The fuel dip pie is 20" long with a small kink at the top . I thought it may need to be cut to length but not necessarily bent ? Would like to receive the necessary info to fit but not sure best way to get email address to you securely.

Back