Which MFSW for DSG?

Jordan250

Hi
I have a 2017 highline
dsg with the standard MFSW a would like to change to a dsg paddle MFSW from professional retofits.
Am i right in thinking that this would be a direct swap with no coding/ cruise control issues as the buttons remain the same?
I've had a search but no luck.
Many thanks

Yes, will just work without drama. Just make sure the buttons on the front of the new wheel match identically the ones you have on the current wheel.

As an aside, I have factory paddles on my other car. Fun for the first few few days then never use them!

Fitting a DSG wheel to a van is plug and play - If your buttons are different, you just swap them over.

We offer custom wheels on an exchange basis at £500+VAT, drive in drive out basis. Out of my next batch I have 3 left, two DSG and 1 manual wheel - All flat bottom, all sculpted and with a choice of either Alcantara/perforated leather or leather/perforated leather. I have one fitted to BO66NOR, so if you are going to Caffeine and Machine on saturday you will be able to see them first hand

Please excuse my ignorance BognorMotors & Shredder but why are your wheels taken in exchange nearly double the price of those available from professional retrofits?
Many thanks
Jordan

@Jordan250 a custom manufactured wheel made to order for a T6 with your choice of different finishes (carbon, alcantara, perf leather, stitching colour etc) won't be the same price as a standard Passat or Golf steering wheel made to fit your van. The Passat or Golf wheels do not look original T6 and some even say GTI on them. If you look at the pic of mine, it looks like an OEM upgrade. The centre of the wheel is exactly the same as an OEM T6 Highline MFSW, as your own centre plugs straight into the custom wheel and there are therefore also zero compatibility issues. If you aren't bothered how the wheel looks and don't want to specify that but just want paddles, you're right, you can do it for less.

Please excuse my ignorance BognorMotors & Shredder but why are your wheels taken in exchange nearly double the price of those available from professional retrofits?
Many thanks
Jordan

Our steering wheels are a full custom re-shape and re-trim with a stitch colour to your requirements.

Evening all,

I've read loads of info on this but i just wanted to double check.. can I buy any Mk7 Golf R, GTI, GTD, polo or Passat B8 flat bottom wheel and swap my buttons and airbag in to it for it to work? I don't have ACC but if I saw the buttons and plug the paddles in i guess it just works?

Cheers Kev

Not sure about the DSG as mine is manual, but the T6 airbag definitely won't fit all wheels, some wheels have a round airbag so T6 definitely won't fit
Even some airbags that are the same shape as a T6 have different fitment so you either
A - need to get the right wheel to fit your airbag
Or
B - buy a wheel complete with airbag

Examples of 2 wheels that look the same and have same shaped airbag - but both different fitment for airbag

20201212_212105.jpg

IMG_20201118_113755.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a polo flat bottom wheel complete with airbag and had it re-trimmed
Then sold my original wheel and airbag to get most of the money back

20201118_114503.jpg

@Superowls That's for all the information mate!! I had looked at the wheels in picture 2 and noticed that's they didn't have the hooks for the fitment springs so assumed it wouldn't work. I thought if they had the hooks they would fit so it looks like I need to do more research!!

Your wheel looks amazing!! I'm in Germany now so I'm not sure a retrim is an option. I need to find a wheel that will take my air bag or a complete wheel with the same button layout.

@Superowls That's for all the information mate!! I had looked at the wheels in picture 2 and noticed that's they didn't have the hooks for the fitment springs so assumed it wouldn't work. I thought if they had the hooks they would fit so it looks like I need to do more research!!

Your wheel looks amazing!! I'm in Germany now so I'm not sure a retrim is an option. I need to find a wheel that will take my air bag or a complete wheel with the same button layout.
Chances are you’ll have the wheel in the top photo, airbag-wise, so look for those types. Then you can narrow it down to buttons - unless you’re transplanting your buttons over.

I had one out of a Passat - same hooks, same buttons. The only thing is that the LED lights are white, but then I think that matches the white instrument cluster lights.

Cheers @Ads_Essex!! I'm hoping to find one with the buttons but worst case I'll swap. Mi e is a highline wheel with cruise but without acc. Thanks for the help I will continue the search.

If you do buy one complete with airbag don't be put off by the price
I paid £250 for mine but I also had the same wheel as yours - Highline without acc and sold that for £250 with airbag
So all I really paid for was the re trim and if you're not doing that it could work out as almost a free upgrade :thumbsup:

perfect!! cheers mate, do you have the part number for the polo wheel you used? or the year it was from?

No, sorry, but if you search for polo 6c wheel, then compare the buttons for the exact match to yours, it should be a straight swap
Bear in mind, mine doesn't have the paddles so you'll need to check for that too

Back