Which? Mattress Or Topper

Joe-T6

Hi All, I’ve just purchased my first T6 campervan and looking to get a matress or memory foam topper for the rock and roll downstairs bed and wondered if anyone has any recommendations?

Last edited:
Another + for Duvalay :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: For Duvalay here too, we use the 2.5 its fine for us, we use it with a double duvet and just roll it up altogether.

Ikea...Just used one for over a week and absolutely brilliant. We went for the thinner of the memory foam toppers they do and so the thicker one must be even better.

i got a 2.5cm duvalay..but it does seem (really) expensive for what it is. The Ebay option is likely the better financial choice..

haha, feel like a cheapskate now! I just got a silentnight mattress protector and a brushed cotton sheet - comfy enough for us though :)

Duvalay Sleeping Bags all the way - topper and all bedding in a single roll - 2 rolls sit nicely side by side on the top shelf of the rib. Simply unroll at night and roll back up in the morning - takes seconds.

I used a generic 2.5 topper and found my back and sides were aching after a few hours, although I'm a fat fecker (6ft 7" + 25 stone), I got myself a massive inflatable bed from America, much better now.

My wife now sleeps on a Duvalay 5.0cm jobby and her and the kids sleep like logs on it, not cheap but she swears by it.

haha, feel like a cheapskate now! I just got a silentnight mattress protector and a brushed cotton sheet - comfy enough for us though :)

Silentnight Memory Foam Protector for us too - just rolls up along with the sheet & slips into the overhead stowage - takes seconds!

Hi All, I’ve just purchased my first T6 campervan and looking to get a matress or memory foam topper for the rock and roll downstairs bed and wondered if anyone has any recommendations?
We forked out on £100 futon. Rolls up nicely to store.

I had a terrible nights sleep on Sunday, my Kombi bed and 5cm Duvalay together just don't work for me, might have to get another Duvalay and put them on top of each other to double the thickness, but then that's quite a lot more bulk to stash away on trips.

That Double Dozer looks thin, but might be worth a shout as it folds up a lot smaller.

I had a terrible nights sleep on Sunday, my Kombi bed and 5cm Duvalay together just don't work for me, might have to get another Duvalay and put them on top of each other to double the thickness, but then that's quite a lot more bulk to stash away on trips.

That Double Dozer looks thin, but might be worth a shout as it folds up a lot smaller.
Was the van level? I sleep very well in my Duvalay sleeping bag on a RIB bed but the slightest slope down towards my head ruins any chance of a decent night's sleep.

Back