Which heating system?

Discussion in 'Camper/Day Van Conversions' started by mark421, 20 Jan 2018.

1. mark421

mark421 New Member

I have been looking a few different types of heating.

Wallis (i like the idea of not having Gas in the van, but concerned about size/heating up for the hob)

or

Propex

or

Webasto

Thanks

2. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I’m looking to have Propex tank underslung, then a Propex heater so I can use the tank for both cooking (with a cadac) and heating. You can fill the tank with commercial LPG from places like Countrywide at around half the price of diesel.

3. Leigh

Leigh Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    That's exactly what I'm going for on the New Camper - works out at roughly £1100 for the Tank, Heater, BBQ Point.

You'll pay that for a supply & fit on an Eberspächer / Webasto.

DaveyB likes this.
  4. Paul Holmes

Paul Holmes Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I have wallas xc duo units in mine fantastic bit of kit

5. Carbon13

Carbon13 Member T6 Pro

I've selected the Wallas XC Duo for my T6 build also.

6. Paul Holmes

Map
    good choice

7. DaveyB

Map
    I’m in conversation currently with Propex Leisure as I don’t want a duct coming up through my floor, I want to look OEM. Have discussed with one of the owners about using the caravelle/ Cali System, I.e duct in front step and another in the b-post. Just need to give them some part numbers so that they can get the bits from TPS and double check it will work on their own T6, then it’s down to Ringwood I’ll be going.
    Can’t see why it won’t work, they are parts that are made for a factory auxiliary heater.
    I was quoted £1200 for tank, heater and bbq point.

ZipcodeUK likes this.
  8. Leigh

Leigh Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Please let me know how you get on with the OE setup - I'll be interested in that - thanks

DaveyB likes this.
  9. Paul Holmes

Map
    No holes in my body work other than for exhaust and inlet for wallas waste water and fresh water in nearside step

10. Mavis

Mavis New Member VIP Member

We have a Wallas XC Duo and are really pleased with it.

11. Chopman

Chopman Senior Member T6 Guru

That's what I've got.
    I did consider the wallas, but as I wanted to do most cooking outside, I decided that the LPG tank / gas hob / propex heater / and external bbq point was a better option for us.

DaveyB likes this.
  12. Gingercoastie

Gingercoastie Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    That’s the set up that I have in my van, works great for me.

13. Eyres'ee

Eyres'ee Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    @DaveyB
    Hi I know this post was a while ago but did you ever get this set up sorted. I really like to sound of it and would be interested in doing the same at Ringwood. Thanks Ian

14. DaveyB

Map
    Hi @Eyres'ee, yes it is all in and working. Was not quite as straightforward as I had hoped, however all done now. Take a look at these threads to give a bit more info.
    Propex Hs2000 Blown Air Heater
    Or
    Fitting the OEM Auxillary Heating Ductwork

15. Eyres'ee

Eyres'ee Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
  16. drew_greenday

drew_greenday Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I have an Eber D2 fitted. Great piece of kit and fully recommended. I have it under the drivers seat mounted outside. It requires two 70mm holes drilled for the inlet and outlet.

Insulate the van and buy some good curtains and you will be nice and toasty. Mine is on low ticking over throughout the night and sometimes its too hot for the girlfriend!