Which T32 H&R Spring Set?

Scott6

Hi guys,
I'm after some h&r lowering springs for my shuttle.
There are 4 different kits to go for and it's recommended for my axle weights I go for kit no.4, but in my shuttle I have the rear bench of 3 seats removed and will probably never use them
I use the bus kombi style 2+3 but i do put stuff in the back now and again. would it ride higher at the back?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Picture of my axle weight plate attached.

20200620_202716.jpg

Will be in a similar boat in a few weeks. T28 swb panel coming and have seats lined up ready to go in the back - only thing I will be a carrying is mountain bikes and occasionally kids and other bits

i will be after 40 mm drop but without needing to carry the weight some people might need to

be interested to see what people think as there must be progressive springs for different types of use

Hi guys,
I'm after some h&r lowering springs for my shuttle.
There are 4 different kits to go for and it's recommended for my axle weights I go for kit no.4, but in my shuttle I have the rear bench of 3 seats removed and will probably never use them
I use the bus kombi style 2+3 but i do put stuff in the back now and again. would it ride higher at the back?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Picture of my axle weight plate attached.

View attachment 76111
Hi There , Please give me more info LWB or SWB ? 2 WD or 4WD ? Auto or manual ? Camper or not , ?

Hello there.
It's a swb shuttle 8 seater, 2 up front 3 singles in the centre and a triple bench in the back that has been removed and not likely to be put in only on very rare occasions.
Thanks for your time

I am close to pushing the button on a LWB DSG shuttle as well.
Most are T32's, so will be sprung to carry that sort of load. I will not need to carry much (bikes and camping gear), and the rear seats will be out of the van 99% of the time.

@CRS Performance Will I be able to fit a T30 -50 mm spring and shock kit to it to give it a less bouncy ride?
Thanks

I am close to pushing the button on a LWB DSG shuttle as well.
Most are T32's, so will be sprung to carry that sort of load. I will not need to carry much (bikes and camping gear), and the rear seats will be out of the van 99% of the time.

@CRS Performance Will I be able to fit a T30 -50 mm spring and shock kit to it to give it a less bouncy ride?
Thanks
Hi Ya . You certainly can . When changing the springs on a T32 to any brand the characteristics of the van will change , Its safe to assume any one lowering a T 32 doesnt load it to its capacity with 1 ton . All my customers like you want to carry camping equipment or Cycles even off road dirt bikes so they will never get to the load capacity anyway,
We have stock issues at the moment BUT lots an lots of parts arriving over the next month to 6 weeks including a new Height adjust kit that will probably be perfect for you , Once you have the vehicle we can finalise you needs and the kits that will do what you need to do

Many thanks Steve

Awesome. Opens up my choice of van hugely. Will be in touch when the deed is done, but it's safe to assume it wont be in the next 6 weeks as i certainly don't like to move quickly when spending this sort of money LOL
Many thanks
Huw

I'm wanting to drop my van 40mm on the H&R springs. They sell four different kits depending on your van and associated axle weights. I have a 2016 T6 Shuttle SE DSG 150 T32 which is plated in the engine bay at:
1 - 1710 kg
2 - 1720 kg
I don't actually use the van in its shuttle setup and have removed the rear triple seat and also the middle seat from the row behind the cab. So all I've got behind the cab is two single seats. I very rarely carry anything in the back other than the usual stuff like wellies and the shopping. On the odd occasion (once or twice a year) I put my race bike in the back (150kg). I use the space for camping on a self-inflating mattress when at the track. I do however tow a trailer once a month during the summer to the tracks. It's a small braked box trailer rated at 1300kg. So which spring combo should I be looking at? At the moment my rear gap between the centre of the wheel and the wheel arch is 30-40mm higher on the rear than the front, with the rear of the cill being 50-60mm higher than the front of the cill. I'm guessing this is because i've removed all of the weight. I know I need the correct rated ones for the front, but can I go for the lighter weight ones for the rear to soften it up as I'm very rarely carrying any weight. Or is this all overthinking it and should I just get the correct ones for the plated axle weights? Kits B and D are the ones I was looking at below.

Kit A - Up to 1500kg Front / Up to 1560kg Rear
Kit B - Over 1501kg Front / Up to 1560kg Rear
Kit C - Up to 1500kg Front / Over 1561kg Rear
Kit D - Over 1501kg Front / Over 1561kg Rear

Pre-wash picture
van.jpg

Thanks

I put h&r springs on my t28 camper lasted 2 days before I took then off knocking like mad on the rear ended up going kw v1 and glad I did

I put h&r springs on my t28 camper lasted 2 days before I took then off knocking like mad on the rear ended up going kw v1 and glad I did
Couldnt have been fitted correctly we sell 20 to 30 sets a month and no noises at all , We do fit new bottom mount rubbers on many of them , This isnt a spring problem sorry

Also there is no comparison between a spring kit and full coil over kit simply because the springs will use the standard shocks and they are rubbish as we all know.
V1 is a very capable shock as well , THIS is always where the difference in a good ride and a crap one is .

@CRS Performance Steve any ideas how I can lower as per original post whilst sorting out the rake?
Thanks
I would say the 2 you picked would be the best ,. sadly you wont know which rear suits the van better , that is why we often end up trying both in a van to get the best result . B is heavy front light rear D is heavy front and rear , with out doubt 40mm drop needs the heavy front , but the rear could go either way to get the height spot on .

ok thanks. So the way I'm thinking is that the lower spring weight on the light rear spring would mean the spring would be 'more compressed' under just the weight of the van and help even out the current +35mm higher its currently sat at the back. Choosing the heavy front and rear H&R set would drop me the 40mm but the +35mm rake would still exist due to no load in the rear of the van. sounds like I need to get hold of some used rear springs from a T30 (i'm assuming here a T30 would have a lower spring rate spring?) and or some rear springs off a T30 Sportline, and see if that helps level the van out a bit, then I'd know if those H&R combinations are suitable or if I need to be looking for separate front and rear lowering springs that drop different amounts.

I know its easy to over think this when the Transporter has such a lot of variants

I dont know where you were going to buy the springs from , But if we supplied the kit to you we are happy to change the rear spring for you if the ride height isnt spot on . we also have a range of spring distance spacers to fine tune the rake of the car

Just a note the H&R springs arent different rates ( strengths ) they are different lengths

I had the 40mm springs hr fitted on my t28 and these was fitted with new cups the coils where nearly touching at the top hence the knocking I just think cheap and nasty

Back