Which roof-bars for my roof rails?

Fugazi

Hello T6 Forum
I have a T6 kombi SWB with roof rails, which are the best roof bars I can put on for.
Any info would e appreciated.
Cheers

Go for some with a wing/aero profile rather than old style square ones - they look better and also cause less drag/noise. Thule will do some but there are others - I've previously used The Roof Box Company for supply of similar for other cars.

As per title. I want the bars to be no higher than the rails. What do folks recommend and any fitted pics please.

Id be interested in this also keep thinking roof bars would be handy for the odd occasion but want something low as possible as will rarely get used

I’ll take a shot of my dealer supplied ones. They sound like they’ll fit the bill.. gotta say.. they’ve been great.. take a decent weight and don’t whistle!

Thule do low foot pack for their wingbars.

This are the ones from VW which were about £75 from memory.

I hear stories that they flex. Do they have a load rating?
Do they have slots in them like the thule aero bars? Just thinking about using the bars for solar panels and top box.

I hear stories that they flex. Do they have a load rating?
Do they have slots in them like the thule aero bars? Just thinking about using the bars for solar panels and top box.
I’ve not had any issues with them flexing. I’ve had 6 surfboards up there 3 on each side including a mini mal and a longboard. There’s no slots that I can see.. they are super quiet. I’m a fan!

I have a set of aero bars and a set of wing bars. I used to think the aero bars were reasonably quiet until the wing version was released, now I see that they are as different as night and day. There is a centre track down the wing bars the same as the aero ones, covered by a rubber trim that just pulls out so that the Thule 'T' system slides straight into them so roof box, bike carrier etc locks in as it does on any of the other Thule roof bar types.

Do you know which Thule they are? The vehicle selector says fixed points, but we have rails.
I'd be aiming at the Wingbar Edge 958 personally - not the 959.
Just looking at the video though, not sure I like the theft security of a rubber strap round the roof rails.
Car roof racks

I looked into the vw ones from dealer. They will take 75kg and have a track down the middle but are a different profile to the thule ones.

I also looked didn't like the rubber straps on the wing bar edge so scrapped the idea of roof rails and went fixed with wingbars and low 753 footpack . Its rock solid with no flex and as said before very quite .

A friend got some similar to the vw ones off ebay and they are stupidly flexy so avoid those.

My choice by far are the VW oem ones, I think they come in pairs. Better than any of the others I used and are a low profile too. Cost wise on par with the rest of the better ones out there.
At least with 4 you can place 1 right at the back.
However there is no flex in them at all so I'd go for 2.

Hi again.

Any recommendations for Roof Bars , may need to occasionally carry a ladder so looking at 3 bar set

Thanks
OEM definitely. I got no issues with water ingress. Got the roof rails & 4 x-bars. They're low profile and look really smart. 75kg weight limit, so carry a good weight if needed.

Back