Which connector - fuel temperature sensor

Gosh tracing down this connector is more difficult than looking for rocking horse poo!
I have booked into my garage and hope they can source a connector. VW never answer their phone and the only connector which resembles the right one is from AliExpress delivered 1st march! I did try eBay but got the wrong connector and CBA trying again...
Thanks for the help.

VW Audi 1.5mm 2 Way Sealed Female Housing terminals are under related products ( standard 1.5mm micro timer ) ( Link removed as incorrect)

I would just put new terminals on the present cable. There is a double locking on this connector.

Last edited:
Reactions: DXX
Thanks Oldiebut Goodie, have you fitted one of these connectors to the fuel temp sensor? I thought I'd bought one but it doesn't fit, see the image below. Turns out I bought a:

1J0 973 752
not a
1J0 973 702

I have asked my garage to see if they can source one through their usual stockists, but failing that I could try your link. I'm keen not to have to buy half a dozen before I find the right connector, especially as they are around a tenner with postage etc ..

IMG_20230118_171106.jpgIMG_20230118_122108.jpg

The part from EBAY arrived very quickly, and is the right part. Look for item ID 155300197572:

Reactions: Loz
My mate in Newcastle has a T6 camper (67 plate). I was at his this weekend for a cycle event. I took a spare connector and some solder-less connectors. Turns out his coil light had started flashing the last week. I showed him the connector, under his Bonet, and you could see the bare copper wires. I gave him a kit so he can get his local mechanic to replace the part for him. It's Nice to be Nice!!

My mate in Newcastle has a T6 camper (67 plate). I was at his this weekend for a cycle event. I took a spare connector and some solder-less connectors. Turns out his coil light had started flashing the last week. I showed him the connector, under his Bonet, and you could see the bare copper wires. I gave him a kit so he can get his local mechanic to replace the part for him. It's Nice to be Nice!!
This thread helped me loads, I stripped plug and soldered while waiting for the one off eBay and swapped it out. made sure to pack the wires with fabric tape where they enter plug to stop any bending noticed fuel line clip that joins all three was snapped aswell. More vibration of lines.

Back