Which Caravan Club?

C&CC members here, some sites are better than others but in reality that's as much down to the weather or local attractions and amenities... our memories play tricks with us.
Membership gives a decent discount on sites, the staff are heroes and seem to be permanently on duty, as for mail bombing, you get a monthly magazine in a compostable bag, all good.

If you have an ACSI subscription be aware that you need to cancel 2 months before the renewal date if you don’t want to automatically renew.
I cancelled more than 2 months before renewal and they have still debited my account, ACSI customer service is pretty poor IMO but the discount facility and sites are good.

I hope I am not asking inappropriate or sensitive questions and, if so, please tell me to knock this thread on the head. While I wait for delivery of my T6 (thanks to all for bedding/equipment advice) I wondered what the general view of club membership was - particularly The Caravan and Motorhome Club and the Camping and Caravanning Club. I will use my T6 most regularly for driving between UK and DK and had envisaged stopping in the various rest areas - unpleasant as some are. I like to keep moving and my usual stay anywhere would be for one night. I appreciate that one cannot stop just anywhere but would club membership make sense and open my eyes to a new experience? If so which club(s) make the most sense. Does my question make sense????
Thanks
Phil S

I hope I am not asking inappropriate or sensitive questions and, if so, please tell me to knock this thread on the head. While I wait for delivery of my T6 (thanks to all for bedding/equipment advice) I wondered what the general view of club membership was - particularly The Caravan and Motorhome Club and the Camping and Caravanning Club. I will use my T6 most regularly for driving between UK and DK and had envisaged stopping in the various rest areas - unpleasant as some are. I like to keep moving and my usual stay anywhere would be for one night. I appreciate that one cannot stop just anywhere but would club membership make sense and open my eyes to a new experience? If so which club(s) make the most sense. Does my question make sense????
Thanks
Phil S
Great heads up and a lot of mixed feeling as I have already encountered. I will hang fire until the spring I think.
Many thanks indeed

C&CC are I think all open to non-members, C&MC are a mix open and members only.

Why not have a look and see what sites are convenient for you first, try a few?

C&MC tend to have nicer facilities on average, but some have found wardens to be pedantic.

C&CC are I think all open to non-members, C&MC are a mix open and members only.

Why not have a look and see what sites are convenient for you first, try a few?

C&MC tend to have nicer facilities on average, but some have found wardens to be pedantic.
Many thanks. There is a C&CC near Venlo which would be ideal for a journey break. Mixed reviews and closed but worth contacting when COVID allows. I have heard that some site officials can be pretty tedious! As you say, give it a go!

Reactions: CAB
Back