Slider trim: which cap/clip do I need

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I know its been mentioned on the forum before, but I need help locating the part that goes into this hole on the sliding door trim. I wasnt going to bother, as last time the ply panel didnt have that slot, but this time they arrived with it cut out so I will need the cover that isnt there.

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 15.50.22.png

Thanks @Loz that was pretty fast. Thinking about it now, what are those 2 bolts for? Will I ever need access to it and what about the white circular bit about. My ply panel hasn't got a hole for that. Am I better making one and fitting that or just ignoring both for a cleaner look?

Hi all

Been reading the forums for a while but just joined due to getting our T6.1 transporter it's been converted already but I'm just sorting a few minor things.

On the side door, on the inside, there's a hole where it looks like it should have some sort of cap/clip - I'm just not sure what it needs. Looked at various clips online and they don't seem big enough or quite right for the job. If you look at the pictures, it's towards the top left of the carpet panel, underneath the window.

Anyone got any ideas - thanks in advance.

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Threads merged

Somewhere on the forum there is a thread about the hole - emergency access to the door release cable that you can see I think. I would just use a rubber blind grommet so that it easily removed if needed in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it be this?? It’s got a sliding door picture on it if you can’t quite see but on mine it doesn’t connect to any thing!! Mine is a 6.1 with electric sliding doors 19E747F4-4D69-4B46-B385-C78599B9576D.jpeg4537750F-1B6C-4659-AA33-0951722574AD.jpeg

They appear in different illustrations, think its one for hardboard panel and one for full door card

1634842729910.png

1634842859426.png

Back