Which bed on rails?

I like the look of the Vulcan Glide (it is on their facebook page) but they haven't confirmed if you can travel with the bed in slidey slidey mode or not yet.

Just wanting to gauge the experience of you folk, I'm currently exploring the feasibility of a self conversion and think I've pretty much got the pop top sorted so now onto a sliding rail bed, I had looked at the reimo 3000
As far as I’m aware Reimo only supply to approved installers. You may have issues with insurance if you do a self installation of travelling seats.

I’ve got a Fabworx RS bed. I can highly recommend it for ease of use and build quality. Dealing with Fabworx themselves was also very helpful and no problem.

How have you found the headroom on the Fabworx? I'm 6ft2 and we have a standard pop-top. Have you had issues regarding headroom?

Yes headroom is very limited, I don’t have a pop top, certainly no use if your6ft2
To be honest I wouldn’t touch a fabworx bed or rails, it’s a rattly piece of junk, worst money I have ever spent
Buy a RIB

I’m 5’10 so no problems for me with a skyline pop top. Being able to recline the seat probably helps too. As for rattles, I would say it’s better than the standard R&R I had in a previous van. I did fit the fabworx myself so has plenty sound proofing which may be helping as I did think the base plate may vibrate against the van floor in certain places

Thanks for the replies. It is helpful information. There are so many choices. We are just trying to work our way through the options.

Repairs have been one option, but I’m also concerned from what I’ve read regarding the headroom.

I like the look of the Vulcan Glide (it is on their facebook page) but they haven't confirmed if you can travel with the bed in slidey slidey mode or not yet.
I don't think the Vulcan Glide can be used as a seat for travelling can it? They don't supply seat belts from what I could see on their website.

It's as strange setup using ball bearing runners mounted in the rear of the van - a bit like the bed being mounted on a giant cupboard drawer.

Back