Which Awning??

Hey team, I am about to buy an awning for this summers travels, I will most likely be using it on the west coast of Scotland so my main concern is how they stand up in high winds / storm conditions (thinking worst case scenario). Cost isn't an issue and been looking at the Vango Cove II awning (poled and airbeam) which seams a perfect fit for our family of 4 (kids 2 and 9). I am leaning towards the poled purely for the lighter package and smaller packed bag but what has me a little concerned is the hood or wind scoop on the front on the awning. Does anyone have any experience with this awning in adverse weather at all? Do they make storm straps for some extra security? Cheers all.

I am sure this has been covered many times so apologies for repeating the question but; Got our T6 about a month ago and want to add an awning. I have looked at lots for sale on this forum, Ebay and Gumtree and tbh they all seem a bit rubbish and look quite floppy in the pictures. We intend to go into the highlands quite a lot and we need something that will stand up to the wind. It need not be big but must have space for one person to sleep and have a ground sheet Also, if it makes any difference, the rail on our T6 seems to be 8mm size. Any suggestions welcomed (and offers if you have one for sale). Thanks.

Have a look here

Good morning all, I’m looking to have a wind out sun awning fitted, so wich are the best to have and any recommendations for fitters near Derby.

Largely the units from Thule, Fammia and Dometic are pretty feature comparable so it might come down to which the fitters you want use have the most experience in.

How are you intending to use it?

Reactions: JOG
Largely the units from Thule, Fammia and Dometic are pretty feature comparable so it might come down to which the fitters you want use have the most experience in.

How are you intending to use it?
We not after a tent type awning, so we’ll just use it for a bit of cover over the side door, we’re very new to this so winging it a bit

Hi,
I have the Fiamma F45s wind out awning and im completely happy with the quality and ease of use. @AJCConversions supplied and fitted mine (based in Glossop)

Chris
Thanks I’ll look them up

I fitted a Fiamma 45s to my T6 before our last trip away. As has been said, the Thule and Dometic are very similar. It is supplemental to rather than a replacement for our awning though, the awning/tent gives space to leave stuff when taking the van off pitch.

Installation would have been straightforward and quite easy if we didn't have a Vamoose awning rail in the way! I hacked the Fiamma roof gutter brackets to fit around/bolt to the Vamoose rail and the existing roof gutter fixing points. On the plus side it isn't glued to the roof if I ever want to remove it.

Back