Which air compressor?

We've got 3 of these in various vehicles, goes upto 100psi, so really good for everything including our Ifor Williams trailers which need 90psi.
Had them a few years and haven't broken any yet. :). May be more than you want or need to pay.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RAC90...re+inflator+heavy+duty&qid=1572806950&sr=8-19
61Y4PIU52TL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Depends what your need is, if it's the occasional inflate then auto express did a test not long ago, and do you REALLY need one... Far from a garage/petrol station?

We've got 3 of these in various vehicles, goes upto 100psi, so really good for everything including our Ifor Williams trailers which need 90psi.
Had them a few years and haven't broken any yet. :). May be more than you want or need to pay.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RAC90...re+inflator+heavy+duty&qid=1572806950&sr=8-19
View attachment 53815
I also have one of these that I purchased for blowing my tent up off grid (high pressure tubes which required 60psi) - never let me down and is very quick - fittings are surprisingly good for the money. Only slight downside is you have to clip direct to the battery.

For home use and/or when we know we have electric available we have a Ring RAC750 - primary use now is putting the last few PSI into our paddle boards.

Both units are now over 5 years old and neither have let us down.

Hey Guys, I'm looking for some advice/ recommendations re an air compressor. The primary purpose will be to inflate a Vango Airbeam awning (yup, just too darn lazy to use the manual pump :)), but also envisage needing to inflate the occasional bicycle and van tyre.

My first question is: can a single compressor handle the low pressure/ [relatively] high volume required for the Airbeam, versus the high pressure/ low volume of a cycle road tyre, or do I need to be looking for 2 separate compressors?

I'm looking for something small enough to easily stow in the camper, that inflates reasonably quickly and that's quiet enough to use on a campsite. Not fussed if it runs off 12V or 230V. Any recommendations?

Lol . . .

I've been down this road... the result being i have about 15 pumps around me.

Long story short.. the best way is with two pumps....

A high flow low pressure pump to inflate main thing to around 1psi.

Then swap to a high pressure low volume pump to raise the pressure from 1psi to 7psi.

my main pump for a few years has been the trusty Kamper Gale.

1627666939366.png

but it did take ages to do the initial fill . . . . so . .

i ended up getting a cheap hi flow pump, to get the beams up . . . to then move over to the Gale. ( so basically had two pumps)

1627667070328.png

these two pumps . . . . (plus many more other ones have had us sorted for a number of years . . .

+++

till this year, !!!! where we upgrades to this two stage twin pump designed for SUPs.

This thing is Awesome . . .

it has two separate pumps inside, when you start it up the first pump does the quick fill to 1psi - at which point the second pump kicks in and raises the pressure to the 7psi setpoint.

its auto OFF as well.

just set the pressure 1-20psi and that's it. ( i set at 7psi for all the air-beam tests etc.)

1627667276557.png1627667302197.png1627667309935.png1627667321621.png

• UP TO 20PSI PUMP FOR ALL YOUR FRIENDS - Enjoy a sleekly designed paddle board pump with fast, high pressure inflation - Made to Share!
  • FAST & POWERFUL DUAL STAGE & AUTO OFF FOR EASY INFLATION - Automatic dual stage pump: 1st stage for MAXIMUM SPEED at 350L/min and 2nd stage for MAXIMUM PRESSURE at 70L/min. The AUTO-OFF FUNCTION turns the pump off when target pressure is reached when inflating. When packing up the deflation function will MAKE DEFLATING QUICK & EASY.
  • 12V DC CAR CONNECTOR & FULL SET NOZZLES ATTACHMENTS - Connects to your car's 12V DC connector. Features a 12A fuse for increased safety. Comes with full set of nozzles to fit most high pressure inflatables including C7 & H3 valve.
  • DIGITAL DISPLAY WITH REAL TIME PRESSURE MONITORING - Use the digital display to set your desired pressure and monitor the pressure in real time. PUMPING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!
  • ECO-FRIENDLY & TEST-APPROVED - The Cachalot has gone through rigorous testing and has CP65 and CE certifications. Durable quality and eco-friendly material offer a promising summer journey.

++++++++++

so either get the two separate pumps.

or get the one twin SUP pump.

++++++++++++

they also do another version called the shark.

1627667449369.png

1627667484452.png

About this item​

• ACTIVE COOLING SYSTEM - The one and only SUP electric air pump with active cooling system up to 20PSI FOR 3 BOARDS IN A ROW - Enjoy a sleekly designed paddle board pump with fast, high pressure inflation and consistent cooling system - Made to Share!
  • FAST & POWERFUL DUAL STAGE & AUTO OFF FOR EASY INFLATION - Automatic dual stage pump: 1st stage for MAXIMUM SPEED at 350L/min and 2nd stage for MAXIMUM PRESSURE at 70L/min. The AUTO-OFF FUNCTION turns the pump off when target pressure is reached when inflating. When packing up the deflation function will MAKE DEFLATING QUICK & EASY.
  • 12V DC CAR CONNECTOR & FULL SET NOZZLES ATTACHMENTS - Connects to your car's 12V DC connector. Features a 12A fuse for increased safety. Comes with full set of nozzles to fit most high pressure inflatables including C7 & H3 valve.
  • DIGITAL DISPLAY WITH REAL TIME PRESSURE MONITORING - Use the digital display to set your desired pressure and monitor the pressure in real time. PUMPING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER!
  • ECO-FRIENDLY & TEST-APPROVED - The SHARK has gone through rigorous testing and has CA65 and CE certifications. Durable quality and eco-friendly material offer a promising summer journey.

• Love
Reactions: Bav
also none of these pumps are any good for a van tyre at 50psi or so . .

for that you need a twin piston 12v pump.

have a look here for one of those . .

1627668563360.png

1627668537480.png

Lol . . .

I've been down this road... the result being i have about 15 pumps around me.

Long story short.. the best way is with two pumps....

A high flow low pressure pump to inflate main thing to around 1psi.

Then swap to a high pressure low volume pump to raise the pressure from 1psi to 7psi.

my main pump for a few years has been the trusty Kamper Gale.

View attachment 125523

but it did take ages to do the initial fill . . . . so . .

i ended up getting a cheap hi flow pump, to get the beams up . . . to then move over to the Gale. ( so basically had two pumps)

View attachment 125525

these two pumps . . . . (plus many more other ones have had us sorted for a number of years . . .

+++

till this year, !!!! where we upgrades to this two stage twin pump designed for SUPs.

This thing is Awesome . . .

it has two separate pumps inside, when you start it up the first pump does the quick fill to 1psi - at which point the second pump kicks in and raises the pressure to the 7psi setpoint.

its auto OFF as well.

just set the pressure 1-20psi and that's it. ( i set at 7psi for all the air-beam tests etc.)

View attachment 125526View attachment 125527View attachment 125528View attachment 125529

• UP TO 20PSI PUMP FOR ALL YOUR FRIENDS - Enjoy a sleekly designed paddle board pump with fast, high pressure inflation - Made to Share!
  • ECO-FRIENDLY & TEST-APPROVED - The Cachalot has gone through rigorous testing and has CP65 and CE certifications. Durable quality and eco-friendly material offer a promising summer journey.

++++++++++

so either get the two separate pumps.

or get the one twin SUP pump.

++++++++++++

they also do another version called the shark.

View attachment 125530

View attachment 125531

About this item​

• ACTIVE COOLING SYSTEM - The one and only SUP electric air pump with active cooling system up to 20PSI FOR 3 BOARDS IN A ROW - Enjoy a sleekly designed paddle board pump with fast, high pressure inflation and consistent cooling system - Made to Share!
  • ECO-FRIENDLY & TEST-APPROVED - The SHARK has gone through rigorous testing and has CA65 and CE certifications. Durable quality and eco-friendly material offer a promising summer journey.
Thanks for sharing your extensive experience @Dellmassive - you've probably saved me lots of money and many months/ years of searching for the right products. :thumbsup:

I'll take a look at each of products you've suggested.

Back