Which 3D Printer?

Just bear in mind that they do need careful assembly. The instructions that came with my Ender 3 were rubbish, although they made sense. The printer would not have worked without some very useful websites and YouTube videos.

Pete

I got mine from reprapworld.co.uk, but it was shipped from the Netherlands.
I got a Creality Ender 3 Pro for about £230.

Pete

I'm an industrial designer and have been using an Ultimaker 2+ for 4 years. Still going strong - rock solid and low maintenance. I may get one of the newer dual extruder ones in due course. ULTIMAKER
If you want to go down the SLA route (higher resolution (like really high), more faff, more expensive materials) there is the formlabs Form 3. Considering one of those. Form3 I'd get the full kit with curing/post processing.
One thing that concerns me is the price of FDM filament going forwards. Much of the good stuff comes from the Netherlands and elsewhere in Europe and we know what a catastrophuck has been made of buying stuff from the EU now.

I thought it must've been 3D Printed. Very cool.

Any tips on which printer to get? i.e how much do you need to spend to create nice looking objects like your tray?
you can get a non commercial fusion 360 license for free, although it takes time to learn the program

I‘m not sure the costs on 3d printers in the UK, I’ve got a prusa mk3+, and it has close to 1400 print hours on it without any issues.

there Are cheap printers out there, but from what I’ve read during my research is the cheaper Chinese clones have quite a few issues, which is fine if it’s your hobby, but I needed a realisable workhourse

you can get a non commercial fusion 360 license for free, although it takes time to learn the program

I‘m not sure the costs on 3d printers in the UK, I’ve got a prusa mk3+, and it has close to 1400 print hours on it without any issues.

there Are cheap printers out there, but from what I’ve read during my research is the cheaper Chinese clones have quite a few issues, which is fine if it’s your hobby, but I needed a realisable workhourse
A friend and I both purchased Ender 3 v2's, mines been perfect but he had nothing but troubles and purchased the Prusa and he loves it but it is 3 times more expensive.

Thanks, the Prusa looks good, I've downloaded their eBook to learn more. I'm hoping I can use C4D as I have a license and don't love the idea of learning a new 3D app.

Do you do 3D printing for work or just fun? I'd be keen to see what else you've made if thats cool?

Just bought a Prusa Mini+ arrives next week. Now just to learn a whole new langage..............

Back