Which 3D Printer?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
T6 Legend
There seems to be lots of posta about 3D printers at the moment.

I have been thinking for a while about one but now going to start looking properly.

My question is what is a good printer to start with. I dont want a cheap and nasty one or one that I would "grow out of" quickly.

I suppose I should ask for recommendations for software as well.

Thanks

Creality

I run two creality CR10 s 300 x 300 x 400 printers there are lots of look alike ones on the market so be careful where you purchase. I purchase from www.box.com

Hope this helps

Creality

I run two creality CR10 s 300 x 300 x 400 printers there are lots of look alike ones on the market so be careful where you purchase. I purchase from www.box.com

Hope this helps

Yes, thanks, that reinforces my choice. I have narrowed it down to either a Creality CR10 (not S or Pro version) or a SR10 MINI which is getting good reviews. It isn't exactly a mini being 300 x 220 x 400. It's a bit less a than the 10 though and maybe a better choice for a first printer.

Don’t buy a CR10 , you need the cr10s because it has due motor for the gantry thus keepingit level. The cr10 has a single gantry drive. Which over 300 mm thens to sag. This maters when your printing at 0.2 mm.
The trick to printing is keeping the alinement. People have many ways from spirit levels to dial gauges.
I use a piece of glossy paper. The print head need to be level with the print bed that’s the trick.
A few things I have printed, the chess set everything you see is printed.

AC65D5EF-4542-4824-9608-4FB754D667E7.jpeg

25E89D51-DE3D-4017-A6A1-75C68B305E6B.jpeg

91216F3A-6B57-4DA9-86F3-987652C84E12.jpeg

AAF89295-0D3B-4580-8E01-3CCA7C5D15AD.jpeg

D5CE769E-EAE6-4370-A27A-FF713EDB079C.jpeg

Don’t buy a CR10 , you need the cr10s because it has due motor for the gantry thus keepingit level.

that’s a surprise as I’ve watched and seen many reviews and all have said there is no difference in print quality. All have said get the CR-10 not the S.

that’s a surprise as I’ve watched and seen many reviews and all have said there is no difference in print quality. All have said get the CR-10 not the S.

My goto printer guru. Runs over 60 printers and he advised me Cr10s. He’s tried a few over the years. I definitely recommend the CR10S

My goto printer guru. Runs over 60 printers and he advised me Cr10s. He’s tried a few over the years. I definitely recommend the CR10S
Thanks, much appreciated, I did some more research last night and think there are enough benefits.
However I also found the CR-10 V2 . Seems like some really good improvements on that. But then ££££ arghhh

We bought a CR-10S last summer, it went off to Uni with my son and gets hammered day in and day out (he's studying Product Design). While he has access to the University printers, if he's in his fast fail / prototyping mode on a project, then he can set a job printing and leave it running all night in the student house!

The beauty of the Creality is that when things break, getting the replacement parts is 'cheap' and easy - students get Amazon Prime, so everything is next day. He wore the first print head out and the replacement is effectively an upgrade - its a good platform and I think it will evolve.

First few prints are frustrating, getting the temperature and speed correct, and learning the object fill requirements - then trying different filaments and re-learning that. He's built it into a cabinet, so that he can keep the temperature consistent in their garage - it's also now sound deadend it after he raided my stock.

I've been running 3x Original Prusa's for the past 5 years. Highly recommend. If they bring a new model out, they will do an upgrade kit for yours. To me that is spot on and is why I am still running them. Mine are starting to show their age now as I have run them very hard the past year, To me there is no point buying the newer laser type printers as there is just no more money in 3d printing anymore.

I suspect the orange to be a genuine Creality. Because it can print most materials pla, abs etc

The blue one only prints pla, which I suspect is a copy.

Hi I have worked in the 3D printing arena for the last 20 years with all different processes and applications, I take it that your looking at filament printers, there are quite a few of the entry level printers around and yes the Creality and Prusa ones are fine, but if you are looking to print in the higher end materials like PA6/66 Carbon filled or PEK, PEEK you will need to look at a closed chamber machine with heated bed up to 120 degrees plus and the ability to have a heated chamber of at least 60-70 degrees, these come in around the 5k mark but give you engineering grade thermoplastics to work with.

Fused Filament Fabrication link to my companies web site for information on printing materials

Not sure how I missed this thread, but I have recently bought a Creality Ender 3 Pro.
I am getting to grips with it now, and have started to design and print my own simple pieces, as well as print other people’s designs.
Absolutely amazing what you can do.

Pete

Back