Where To Sell A Transporter?

Hi Guys,

I’m having to sell my T6 as have moved into the sticks and now need a proper 4x4 as don’t want to ruin a perfectly good van, problem is I have no idea where to post it other than Auto Trader which has resulted in absolutely no bites whatsoever....

Any tips / recommendations would be very welcome.

Many tks,

Hi Guys,

I’m having to sell my T6 as have moved into the sticks and now need a proper 4x4 as don’t want to ruin a perfectly good van, problem is I have no idea where to post it other than Auto Trader which has resulted in absolutely no bites whatsoever....

Any tips / recommendations would be very welcome.

Many tks,

I've said this many times, but you really cannot beat selling stuff in here, but you do need to be a VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum member. I know you're selling up, and the £12.99 might be slightly counterproductive as you are potentially leaving us (unless you buy a 4motion and full on Swamper it;)) Plus the fact most members in here already own a T6, but i've seen them sell through the forum. Bare in mind that many enthusiasts will scour through forums when hunting certain vehicles with the thought that a forum member is an enthusiast, and therefor most of the time the vehicle for sale should be a nice genuine one. Also other members tend to be in the scene where they have friends potentially looking for a good T6, so it's certainly worth the VIP cost. Oh, and you can sell off any T6 related parts you might of removed from yours.

The crappy fact of life when selling a vehicle privately is you have to deal with a majority of messers and general morons, which this place doesn't tend to have. Anyone will of experienced this if they ever try selling things on places like Facebook, where these people lurk in the background waiting to pounce with the most ridiculous questions and offers, only to find out they are not actually in any position to buy anyway, so I never envy a private sale on such a high ticket item, but good luck anyway.

Hi Tourershine,

Many thanks for the response, I don’t want to sell, but it’s that or it will be ruined but I may be back when things allow, I've loved owning it, driving it and being part of the T6 family and will miss it.

I will happily sign up and spend 12.99 to hopefully see it go to a good home....

Cheers,
Chris.

Chris
Why will the van be ruined just by moving into the sticks?
I live very rural, tow a heavy trailer most days across fields and rutted lanes and the van, if treated with respect will last as well as any other off road vehicle.
Don't get me wrong, it has its limitations but don't under estimate 4Motion and 204hp, especially with a good set of steels and AT tyres.

Appreciate the sentiment, and I may well look for a 4motion, but at the moment I have different requirements. Cheers.

Good Morning, just joined the site and hoping that it is going to give me lots of advice on converting our T6.1! We currently have xxxx and we are looking to put something smaller in to give us more storage space - any ideas where is the best site/place etc to sell it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CAB
Good Morning, just joined the site and hoping that it is going to give me lots of advice on converting our T6.1! We currently have a xxxx and we are looking to put something smaller in to give us more storage space - any ideas where is the best site/place etc to sell it?
You’re on the best place to sell it! Have a look at similar on the “for sale” section to see what has sold preciously

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning, just joined the site and hoping that it is going to give me lots of advice on converting our T6.1! We currently have a RIB Altair leather bed in it that is 130cm and we are looking to put something smaller in to give us more storage space - any ideas where is the best site/place etc to sell it?
Become a VIP member and you can see it on here;

Back